close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FunShoots & Matches Thread (Wet Season 2004)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by JuDGe, Jun 27, 2004.

1. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

2. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

sama ng standing ko:( back to practice again;Q

i slowed down and it cost a lot. hirap magbalace ng speed accuracy;g

3. tigra

tigra
    Expand Collapse

to all BoGs who joined the Varilla Cup, CONGRATS!!!:)

4. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

Great, considering that I was probably scored minor because I failed the chrono and the number of mikes I got due to carelessness, I'm happy with my result. Practice..practice...restraint:)

5. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Yaiks! Anybody notice yung majority ng na-DQ?...;Q

6. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

They were really strict this time. What I liked most is the system wherein the shooter only submits his registration card and not the stage sheets, when going from stage to stage. Walang gaanong singitan, which is the reason why most were able to finish it in one day even with the huge turnout. Good job R.O.'s:)

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

yaiks! yung expected ko na 72%, naging 68% na lang pala!

I had major jams in all the long stages. ayaw mag-extract, nag-double feed tuloy...nena...

ang sekreto yata is you should see faster so you can shoot faster!

8. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

here is a post that i made and posted at be site. i hope we all learn from this. do comment on what else you can add to help me and our fellow bogs in competition.

I got depressed due to my stupidity since i already know whats wrong but i still did it since i do not want to miss:(

Here is what happened. I shot a match and got to place 5th overall on standards. beating a known gm. Everything was so easy, i shot it well and placed 5th since i forgot to shoot a popper which was visible in one port. this port i did not bother to go to since i thought i could shoot all of the targets in another port.

anyway, the next match came up. i shot it with an expectation that i would win. i placed 17th overall :( I had 4 misses due to some brainfart on my part. the winner was the known gm that i previously beat.

So another major match came, i swore to myself not to do the same thing and shoot all a's. I programmed myself to shoot only a's though a charlie will be acceptable. I swore not to get a bullet to miss a target

The problem was that when i was making sure that i got only a's i slowed down a lot. I did not trust my sights anymore. I shot paper targets and see the holes on the target. It came to a point that i shot a target and before i left i needed to see the holes. :angry: This slowed me major time. my usual hit factors of 5.5 up seem to have dropped a lot. out of 10 stages i probably got a 2.98, and 4 x 3.5's, the others seem fine. 3x 5.5 and above.

Being engrossed in seeing the holes, i miked a swinger and a mover that i had to reingage at "if you are finished unload....."

What pisses me off is that the double movers seemed to move too fast for me to see my holes in the target. I only shot it once and nodded my head in dissapointment and ran to the end to shoot a couple of more targets before aiming on the now hidden double movers. good thing there was 2 inches showing on top of the classic amoeba targets that i shot at.

I got 2 c's and a c and d on those 2 targets that i had to shoot slowly since its already hidden.

a range officer commented "hey jason bakit pigil ang putok mo ngayon?(translated at be forums of course)" SAbi ko ayaw ko na mag miss

Now the lesson here for me is that

1 i have to trust my sights like i used to even if both sights and targets are blurred, shoot at the targets and leave immediately to the next shooting position. dont look at the target to see if you hit it. you already saw the sights lift off the a zone whey the hell are you still here looking for the holes :angry:

2. dont expect anything just shoot the stage as you see it.

3. trust your speed

Pls add your comments :)

9. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

I think you pretty much nailed it. The Americans have a saying for it. "Don't fix what ain't broken".
    Trying too hard puts undue pressure and tends to cramp your style Relax, let it flow, do what feels good for you ;f Have to tell myself that too;f

10. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

4. When in doubt, shoot it again

11. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

which is why dreaming and achieving to be GM material ain't no walk in the park ;)

12. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

Just wanted to show how creative the stage designs were at the Varilla Cup:) Again, sorry for the phone cam pic, I still don't have a digital camera ;f
    [​IMG]

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

docT: ikaw ba yan nasa pic? how can you improve on time here? going to the next port, keep the pistol high near your line of sight.

14. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

eyecutter/mc_o:

tyvm for the feedback! called up pbd yesterday re: ghost holster (w/pin). can't wait for next week's gunshow;z

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Dre, tanong mo si Rico kasi mey ghost yata sya. Baka gusto niya ibenta kasi balita ko dalawang beses na siya nahulugan ng baril. ;);f

16. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

yup, that caused me 2 mikes. i did not see the second shot lift of the swinger and since i cannot see the holes i left it.

i have to program my head to just shoot it again.:(

17. Saruman

Saruman
    Expand Collapse
    I carry a GLOCK

kakainggit naman!! kelan ba ulit?? meron ba sa armscor using bolo COF??;f ;f

18. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

~1 lefty nga lang si 9MX

19. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

ay, oo nga pala. 'di ba reversible yun?

20. Saruman

Saruman
    Expand Collapse