close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Funny Email

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Glock36shooter, May 20, 2013.

1. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

This made me laugh. Thought I would share.

Apparently an organizer for a group of which I am a member has become an enemy of the church. By extension I guess all members are too. I suppose I can look forward to catholic ninjas coming for me in the night. What nonsense. :rofl:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Glock36shooter, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Good Guy

If the Roman Catholics condemn it you are doing something right. It is no different than making an enemy of the NAZIs in practice, as the Catholic Church is the moral inferior of even those scum.

3. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

That's the funny thing. This group is completely low key. We recently went and volunteered at the soup kitchen to show locals that Atheists aren't monsters. We're going to an open work day this weekend for a local Habitat for Humanity to help build a house.

We have shirts that say things like "I'm An Atheist." on the front with "I'm Here To Help." on the back.

4. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Good Guy

Jimmy Carter said a couple years ago that when he works with Habitat for Humanity the atheist humanists are the main workers and he's grateful for them.

5. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

We mostly meet nice people. We've had our share of unhappy ones though. We had a girl get soup thrown on her at the soup kitchen. And often some people will just pack up a leave.

6. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Good Guy

I'm sure they are "Christians" who abide not by the teachings of their sage.

When you are attacked like that for helping people you should consider them your spiritual teachers. For by their example others will see their unprofitableness and the bad fruits they bear and turn away form organized religion, even if just their cult's brand of it.

7. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

That's the plan. We're enemies of the church.

8. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

You committed the unpardonable sin of putting the lie to the claim that atheists have no moral compass by doing good deeds... IN PUBLIC where people might see you.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#8 steveksux, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  9. Roering

Roering
    Expand Collapse
    Sorting nuts

your link goes to http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/

Which is NOT a Vatican site. Is this slight of hand intentional?

10. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Got no idea really. I didn't do any digging. I assume it's some small time hate group trying to use the church to bolster their garbage. No one is taking it seriously. I just thought it was funny.

Now... If we did actually get hate mail from the Vatican.... That'd make me feel important.

#10 Glock36shooter, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  11. Michael Rye

Michael Rye
    Expand Collapse

Just the fact that the RCC doesn't sell off its' priceless works of art in order to help poor people tells me all I need to know.

Catholicism aside, doesn't the mere existence of churches fly in the face of the intent of Christianity?

Shouldn't all these people just be meeting in a tent in a field somewhere?

Oh, no. Let's build elaborate, ornate structures that can't be taxed.

Take the money that it cost to build the church in the first place, then give that money to people who need it.

Wanna do a good deed? Pray at home.

12. JAS104

JAS104
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Wow, Ronny, you cease to amaze me.
    Now you've offended me on a political AND religious level. I'd continue, but it ain't worth my time. That, and I'd get an infraction.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

He's not wrong. I recall the Catholic Church being somewhat friendly with Mr. Hitler.

14. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Does make you wonder doesn't it? What would Christ have thought about these $100,000... $300,000... or even Million Dollar churches? Forget the super crazy mega churches. We've got at least 5 Churches of God in my town alone that have $50,000 sound systems in them. I wonder what he would have thought of all the excess and his flock thinking they needed to waste resources on such trivial things. I agree... I think he would have approved far more of a congregation gathering in a field on picnic blankets that used every available resource to help the less fortunate over these super elaborate churches that seem to only serve to boost the egos of their members.

15. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Good Guy

“Hitler fought for Christianity in Europe”

The Catholic Church began the practice of forcing Jews to wear yellow stars to identify themselves. It was a Catholic policy in 11th century Europe by papal order. There is a long long history of Catholic committing all manner of horrible genocides, inquisitions, and warfare which is both evil and contrary to Jesus' teachings. And lets not forget that the the latest European genocide began in Spain where people were shot down in mass for the high crime of not being Catholic, before that Catholic inquisition spread to Germany where the NAZI government implemented the Catholic policies, with direct assistance of the Jesuit murderers. After WW2 the Vatican also gave material assistance to NAZIs fleeing justice in their rat line. The Catholics are the moral inferior of NAZIism and I will always remind people that it is well documented that the Catholic church murdered more man, women, and children than any other government or religion over their 1400 year reign of terror and that to this day they will still encourage the slaughter of men if it furthers the expansion of their religion.

16. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Good Guy

The point is that my statement is true. If the truth offends you its because you live in denial of historical facts.

17. Roering

Roering
    Expand Collapse
    Sorting nuts

If you did I would be impressed!

18. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Dare to dream.

19. juggy4711

juggy4711
    Expand Collapse
    Nimrod Son

Amen. Church is a state of mind and heart. Not a building. I don't pray on my knees either. I've had "religious" and "spiritual" experiences at rock concerts but never in a house of worship.

"You're in church mother*********s" - Marilyn Manson

"In my darkest moments fetal and weeping
    The moon tells me a secret, my confidant
    As full and bright as I am
    This light is not my own
    A million lights reflections pass over me
    Its source is bright and endless
    She resuscitates the hopeless
    Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting" - TOOL

20. rustytxrx

rustytxrx
    Expand Collapse

Ah???? there is a group of atheist that meet because they are atheist? Not only meet but plan functions? because they are atheist? strange!