close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Full version plus tech support Windows XP at circuit city for $100

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by popnfresh, Dec 1, 2004.


  1. popnfresh

    popnfresh
    Expand Collapse
    dauernd wachsam

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2003
    221
    0
    Location:
    Corpus Christi
    Full version of windows xp for $99, $100 off


    Tiger direct:$187
    Newegg:$197


    [http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/113706/originURLEncoded/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.circuitcity.com%252Fccd%252Fcategorylist.do%253Fcmpstr%253D%2526bMore%253D%2526N%253D20012961%252B20012996%252B40000085%2526No%253D20%2526catOid%253D-12996%2526link%253Dref%2526PAGE_ACTION%253D%2526c%253D1/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs]LINK[/URL]

    I just went to the store and bought one in case I need it for my mobo/processor upgrade.
     

    Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. popnfresh

    popnfresh
    Expand Collapse
    dauernd wachsam

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2003
    221
    0
    Location:
    Corpus Christi
    well for some reason I can't edit that link


    LINK



    OK there, about half way down the page.
     

  3. NetNinja

    NetNinja
    Expand Collapse
    Always Faithful

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2001
    967
    0
    Location:
    HotLanta, GA
  4. ColoradoPacker

    ColoradoPacker
    Expand Collapse
    What's a Glock?

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2004
    788
    0
    Location:
    Colorado Rockies
    I am assuming they areotec version has to ship with a piece of hardware, so they throw in a broken floppy drive?
     
  5. fastvfr

    fastvfr
    Expand Collapse
    Ancient Tech

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2001
    2,344
    0
    Location:
    SW Oregon
    Well, if I know I'll need another copy of XP, I wait until I order some RAM or a HDD, then I include the cheaper OEM XP copy in the price.

    But if it was for ME...I'll just buy the license, thanks.

    That is even cheaper yet, and I already have the CD.
     
  6. popnfresh

    popnfresh
    Expand Collapse
    dauernd wachsam

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2003
    221
    0
    Location:
    Corpus Christi
    This is not the OEM version, it is the retail version that has free tech support which may come in handy


    $182 is the cheapest I have seen it.
     
  7. fastvfr

    fastvfr
    Expand Collapse
    Ancient Tech

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2001
    2,344
    0
    Location:
    SW Oregon
    Yes, but M$ only charges $35 for a tech support account, correct?

    And since you are armed with a wonderful resource like the WWW, which includes such gems as Tech Talk, you can safely do away with any of their minimum-wage high-school dropouts who can't even manage to read their scripts properly half of the time.

    I learned 80% of my PC teching skills from the Net, and the other 20% I gained from hands-on experience, working at ISP's and PC shops. Now I freelance and have no need for other income.

    YMMV!
     
  8. Washington D.C.

    Washington D.C.
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2003
    5,218
    0
    Location:
    Woestyn Kusdorp
    I have a couple of pre SP-1 versions of XP.Both are OEM.One is XP Home that required activation and the other is XP Pro that didn't require any activation.They both came with PC's I bought.
     
  9. RaiderRodney

    RaiderRodney
    Expand Collapse
    Just Win Baby

    Joined:
    May 22, 2003
    504
    0
    Location:
    North Carolina