close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Full power loads

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by tshadow6, Sep 24, 2010.

1. tshadow6

tshadow6

Jan 6, 2007
    I fired my J frame today at the local range. Mixed in with some old reloads were some factory +P rounds. Talk about recoil! Whoever thinks a +P JHP .38 will not stop a bad guy is WRONG! My hand still hurts. Other than that, I spent a nice afternoon shooting with my son.

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida

3. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    The Airweight J-frames can be a handful with the +P ammo. I especially dislike using the 158 gr +P stuff. The lighter bullet ammo seems to have less felt recoil--125 gr JHP and the 135 gr Speer Gold Dot HP, for example.

There's a few good standard pressure .38 Special loads out there. Federal's 125 gr Nyclad HP "Chief's Special" load mild on recoil but has a good reputation for stopping bad guys. Hornady's "Critical Defense" ammo in non-+P .38 Special is also popular. You may want to give them a try.

4. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    My limited experience with the Hornady Critical Defense standard pressure .38 Special in my Airweight 442 has also been positive. When I (rarely) carry, that's what I have.