close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

FS: EOtech Mod 552 and 512 sight units

Discussion in 'Gun Parts & Accessories' started by RJStriley, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manny1

manny1 #1 Bullet Donor

Nov 20, 2002
    SWPA
    Just what I figured would be the outcome in the end........ :upeyes:

No Jail time for 2 Felony charges???????? :shocked:

I'm sure he'll be back on the net sooner or later doing the same old scam on another net board...... :upeyes:

2. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Dec 18, 2004
    California
    Man you like them little :upeyes: smileys dont ya

3. RJ3301

RJ3301

Nov 26, 2005
    SW Pa
    I mailed checks out today to those of you whose addresses I have. I need to hear from Mr Cowboy99 and Jerry Snyder.

4. Thats a very nice thing your doing for us Glocktonians,Sir!! :)

5. RJ3301

RJ3301

Nov 26, 2005
    SW Pa
    It was all my pleasure. I got to help out a great bunch of folks while jamming up a bad guy at the same time.

6. I wanted everyone to know I did receive a check from officer Jones and was reimbursed completely for the mags I never received from this guys.

Officer Jones made it all happen and I appreciate it. My hat goes off to him!

:thumbsup:

7. DMG2

DMG2

Feb 24, 2006
    Wow, good to see a local officer taking care of business in such a timely and professional fashion. Well done, sir.

8. Thanks Officer Jones, even though I wasn't scammed. Don't mess with GlockTalkers!

9. ccoker

ccoker

Mar 23, 2005
    not involved directly with this, but thanks officer Jones!

you are truly a credit to your profession

10. Chokker

Chokker

Jan 30, 2006
    central georgia
    Det. Jones very, very good job.

If you get a chance post a picture of that SOB. I just wonder what he looks like.
    :thumbsup:

11. Nice work on getting the BG, RJ :thumbsup:

It would be cool if scams didn't happen, but when they do, it's nice to know the BG didn't get away with it.

Just an idea... I don't know when the new paid site idea will be up and running but that won't prevent scams (I know nothing will prevent scams 100%).

What about this... implement a new forum rule that new members must sell COD (or at least must offer the option). You can define "new members" as anyone under X months and/or Y number of posts, or whatever.

Also, one could implement in the member's profile section a count of WTS/WTT threads started (and link to them perhaps), and possibly implement a feedbacks section in each members profiles. This way, a potential buyer could quickly go to the seller's profile, see how long they've been around, see how many WTS/WTT threads they've started, and link to a feedback page that other members post about him on previous transactions. (Just like a demanding technology user in the business world; application enhancements are always EASY, right? :animlol: )

Just food for thought, guys (and Eric). The paid section of the site is a good idea. Adding a few other ideas might help run off the rest of the casual scammers who may still show up, scam members out of some cheap gun parts with their first couple of WTS posts, and disappear. The COD idea might be the easiest forum change, with little to no code changes. It would just be member enforced rule.

12. briansp82593

briansp82593

Mar 23, 2007
    Liberty, MO
    Off. Jones needs something in return guys! great work... honest people will get the better of things in the end, great job :thumbsup:

13. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

May 27, 2007
    NW SC
    I don't sell much but I try to make a donation everytime and try to make a small donation every month. I really enjoy this place and want it to stay around a long time.

14. 1999Cobra

1999Cobra

Jan 3, 2005
    Officer Jones (PM sent) great job, Brother...

Anything you need or want let me know it's at my cost ...

As McDonald's used to say - "You deserve a break today" and I think every member of this site would agree -

+1 for Officer Jones :wavey:

15. wes8870

wes8870

Jan 29, 2007
    Oregon
    +1 for Officer Jones!
    Good work Officer, this is the first time I've seen one of these internet crooks get BUSTED!!

16. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Jul 16, 2008
    Boise, ID
    Nice work. I wish I had this kind of response for a scam I fell into a few years ago.

17. chickenmax

chickenmax

Jan 13, 2009
    Indiana
    I just had glock adjustable sights put on my g19 the rear sight has 2 adjustment screws on it. which is for r to l adjustment and which is for up or down? I am new at this so maybe my question is not appropriate in this forum.Have patients I will learn.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  18. mythaeus

mythaeus

Jan 11, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Wow!!! I am not sure how I missed this thread. What an amazing outcome from an LEO true to his work and dedication! I know it's a couple of years late, but Officer Jones, :yourock:

Al

19. skeeeter

skeeeter

Dec 2, 2006
    I also learned the hard way with my Python bought off of Gunbroker. Now i will ONLY use a credit card. If they do not take one they lost my sale. That is better than having a $1325 paper weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.