close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by RottnJP, Sep 26, 2010.

1. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    Well, I'm beside myself trying to find what I want, and I'm curious if it's technically challenging for some reason I'm not aware of, or I'm just a wierd niche customer. So, I'm really hoping that we'll here from Marshall and some of the other lurking experts here...

What I'm looking for is a scope with low variable power, a nice illuminated reticle, and intermediate/forgiving eye relief (10"-14" or so.)

I can fine plenty of scopes with two of those three, but *nothing* with all three!

Lots of handgun scopes would fit the bill for eye relief: There are a fair number of 2-7x or 2-8x pistol scopes with plenty of eye relief & decent optics. I'm looking here at Nikon as the value leader, although Burris, Leupold, and others make them. But not a one has an illuminated reticle. The closest I've come is one Burris with a single 1MOA dot in the center, which is o.k., but isn't exactly attention-grabbing. More importantly, it costs $80 more, and rules out the internal locking mechanisim option that is recommended for a Burris handgun scope on a powerful cartridge.

Now, in the 1-4x range, which isn't too bad, there are *tons* of nice illuminated optics in whatever price range you want. But I haven't found a single one with more than 3.5" or 4" of eye relief... They are clearly AR focused.

So what gives here? I would think that a LER illuminated scope in the power range I'm talking about would be very handy both for pistol hunters and in high-power scout applications... Why nothing like this on the market?