close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Frustrated with G23 + weaponlight issues.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by iofdetiger, Apr 21, 2011.

1. barstoolguru

barstoolguru
    Expand Collapse
    texas proud

quote: If an intruder is in my house, the first thing he'll see is my light. The next thing he'll see is another "white light." Actually, the inside of my home is dimly lit at night. So, I may not need the light at all. But, I like having it there if needed for any reason.

that sounds fine but what if you are out looking around the house and one of your kids pop up. you might have to point the gun at them to ID them and thats a bad thing. lots of LE train with a flashlight and gun to avoid this problem. a laser is in my opion better for low light Situations like getting out of bed fuzzy headed. Not only will it aid in aiming but when used proper it will not give away you position and hopefully avoid a stray bullet hitting some one that it was not intended for. Crimson trace puts out a FREE cd on lasers. Get one and it might change your mind

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 barstoolguru, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn
    Expand Collapse
    The eBay Guy
    Silver Member

Glad you got it all figured out.

3. racer88

racer88
    Expand Collapse
    NRA & SAF mbr

haha.... look at my photo (above) again. Laser, too. :)

4. hoffy

hoffy
    Expand Collapse

I have heard of the problems, and am sure they exist, but have been lucky myself. I have a SureFire 200, and the Glock light/laser, and have had zero issues with either on a G-35, G-20, G-29, XD 357, HK P-2000SK (the Glock only fits that IIRC) .

A friends kid got hired by a local LEO and he needed a brush-up to qualify and he had a G 22 with a TLR, and he ran a few hundred WWB and hundreds more of my hand loads with zero issues, that gun was a gen 3. Hope you get it worked out.

5. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Completely irrelevant to the topic of discussion.

To the people here whose problems have been solved by my suggestion, always glad to help. Just keep an eye on those springs and you should be GTG.

#45 Captains1911, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  6. RayB

RayB
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Member

I wouldn't dismiss a well-proven concept and device on account of one dumb cop! :upeyes:

As racer88 so aptly put it, "If a cop confused the trigger with the light switch... well... does that even need any further commentary?? Seriously. How does one confuse the two? Kinda like confusing the brake and the gas in a car. If you can't figure that out, it's long past time you gave it up."

Attached are two pics of my G21 with weapon lights and lasers...

How in the hell would a trained professional confuse those three activators--laser, light, and trigger? :dunno:

That's one cop that should be flying a desk, since today's cops are next to impossible to fire! ** :freak:

There (probably) goes the next Chief of Police... :shakehead:

--Ray

** Forgive me--I'm from Wisconsin!

#46 RayB, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. racer88

racer88
    Expand Collapse
    NRA & SAF mbr

Put another 150 rounds through my G23 with light attached (and new Glockmeister mag springs). Not a single hiccup! Problem solved! Thanks again!