close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Front Sight Help

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by deerassassin22, Sep 16, 2011.

1. deerassassin22

deerassassin22

Sep 5, 2011
    I got the Factory Glock Adj Sight installed on my G22 and it works great for left and right. But I'm still shooting about 3 to 4 inches high at 20 to 25 yards. I still have the factory front sight which I believe is .175 from what I have found do i need to go up with the number to say .300 or down, to adj for my 3 inches.

180 Gr MG CMJ
    4.7GR Titegroup
    1.125 OAL
    CCI SP

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota

3. deerassassin22

deerassassin22

Sep 5, 2011
    The sight is all the way down, and something cloes to what that picture is? This glock sight think is new for me

4. Butch

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Align the sights so they are flat across the top, like this:
    [​IMG]

5. Butch

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    It sure could....

What are you using for a target?

6. deerassassin22

deerassassin22

Sep 5, 2011
    IDPA target aiming at 2 inch orange circle put center mass hitting inbetween 0 and 1 line

7. Butch

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    OK, aim at the orange dot like this:
    [​IMG]

In a perfect world, your bullets will impact the targeted orange dot like this:
    [​IMG]
    If you were aiming with the front sight a little proud (sticking up above the top edge of the rear sight), that could easily explain why your shots are going high at 20+ yards.

Suggest that you read my blog, there are nine different articles on two pages that you might find helpful-> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?u=135