close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Frog Lube & Grease

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Consort, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consort

Consort

Jul 29, 2011
    I did a search and couldn't find an answer so here I am. Previously, I have always used a light coating of Shooter's Choice grease or something comparable on the four points of my G30 frame (receiver) that engage the slide rails. Recently I have switched to Frog Lube CLP. The directions indicate that you should not combine Frog Lube with any other form of petroleum based cleaner/lubruicant as it neutralizes its effect; do you feel that the Frog Lube will be sufficient to reduce friction and keep things working without mishap? I only treat the slide and barrel with the F.L. Haven't touched the lowers with it.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Glocks work best with a light coat of oil, not grease.

3. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    Danny I always agree with you but not on this. I've been using grease on my Glocks got 20 years and never had the first problem. Actually I've had better results with grease them my brother-n-law did with oil. All my Glock barrels hardly have in wear on the barrels with more rounds fired then his. His looks like its been shot 1000 times more then mine. To each his own.

4. MarkCO

MarkCO Millennium Member CLM

Dec 21, 1998
    Colorado
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.