close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Frog Lube for Glocks

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jamaicanj, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    Checking to see if anyone has experience cleaning or lubing their glocks with frog lube. I have been using militec for lubrication and have been satisfied but recently heard about the "wonders" of frog lube. I am always quick to want the latest and greatest thing but for a change I am going to exercise some patience and get feedback from those that have tried it first before ordering it.

Your input is appreciated

Thanks
    J

2. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    Anything that claims to "bond" to metal or to be "absorbed" into the pores of metal sounds gimmicky to me.

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Did the French create a new lube? I hadn't heard.

4. K1tt3n5

K1tt3n5 Hell hath glock

Mar 17, 2010
    Houston, Tx
    It works, I liked it on my guns and everyone that I've given it to to try has also liked it. I currently use it on my Kimbers and ars.

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    It's adequate, as is any other commonly available oil.

6. guns54

guns54 toni

Aug 10, 2008
    Ohio
  7. ghostwn

ghostwn Ghost Member

Dec 17, 2002
    SoCal
    Frog Lube is great. When Glock came on the market, who knew how great the pistol was going to be. Time will tell....:whistling:

8. owtlaw

owtlaw

Dec 4, 2007
  9. scorpio2011

scorpio2011

Jul 15, 2011
    minneapolis,mn
  10. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    Looks like pretty cool stuff, and I usually don't fall for marketing. Go to their website and watch the videos. The last 3-4 videos are corrosion testing which are really cool. The guy compared Frog Lube to Hoppe's #9, TW25B, Break Free, Otis or something, and maybe one or two others. It does REALLY well to stop corrosion, and clean off surface rust. I still wonder about its lubrication properties. I might have to try some.

Go here to see the videos:

http://www.froglube.com/videos.htm

11. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
  12. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Glocks need so little lube, I don't see why anyone would buy some super magical lube for glocks?

13. emore

emore

Dec 29, 2010
    upstate SC
    I've just ordered some. I'll give it a go, not that a Glock needs that much lube. I have some other guns that very much need the best lube they can get, so I'm hoping it will make their lives easier. I'm also interested in trying it on the connector to see if it outperforms the moly lube that I've had good success with.

14. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    For a Glock pistol, it may be over kill since their requirement for lube is minimal. However, for those weapons that are in need of good lube, it may not be a bad thing to try. I wouldn't waste money on it for a Glock, IMHO.

:wavey:

red

15. FyreCalG17

FyreCalG17 Gen4 Fondler

Jun 2, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm all for a quality lubricant and rust inhibitor, but come on guys. What's the big deal about cleaning a gun. Heck I LOVE field stripping my guns and cleaning them. Sitting at the table cleaning my weapon on top of my cleaning mat is hog heaven! Sometimes after dry firing I'll take the silicon cloth to my Glock just because I've got fingerprints on it.
    I've got a Remington 870 Wingmaster that I've dragged through the mud while duck and goose hunting for 35 years and it still looks new. I guess growing up hunting in adverse conditions taught me the value of taking care of a weapon.
    So although I can appreciate a quality gun lubricant, there's just no substitute for good ol' elbow grease.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  16. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    I think it might be perfect for Glocks. Now, I am usually first to call BS on advertising nonsense, and this stuff has a good chance of being yet another clever way to separate us from our money, but if it works at all like it says, it would be ideal for Glocks. What I mean is that you are supposed to "season" the metal with it, like you would an iron skillet or Dutch oven. It's like you allow it to penetrate a little, then wipe it off. I imagine it would just leave a very thin layer. It would seem like it's the best medium between running the gun "dry" or "wet". You could still have lubricant at all contact points, but not enough "wetness" to attract fouling and dirt.

I KNOW that some "magical" lubricant is not necessary for Glocks, but it would be nice to be able to lubricate more of the pistol without it being "wet". There are many wear points on my Glocks that are supposed to be dry (like the 45* lower sides of the barrel, next to the lugs, which rub and show wear). It would allow you to lubricate that area without the detrimental effects of a "wet" oil.

17. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    took some advice from fellow GT'rs a few months back. bought myself a quart of Mobil 1 10W30 and filled a syringe. I have cleaned my 4 guns about 5 or 6 times since then, havent even used half the syringe. I have enough lube for about 10 years for about 8 bucks. I have not had a single problem with any of the 4 since I switched to Mobil 1

18. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Weapon Shield CLP for cleaning and Mobil 1 20W50 for lubricating.