close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fried chicken

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by RWBlue, Aug 14, 2009.

1. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    In Ohio, the best fried chicken is at a Grocery store chain.

Who has the best fried chicken in Northern VA?

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida

3. Hoopster

Hoopster

Apr 3, 2009
    I'm in Kentucky and though KFC is okay, I think Wal-mart and Kroger both have better fried chicken. Just my personal taste.

4. If it doesn't have to be fired and you like rotisserie style, Super Chicken in Falls Church is the best, a close 2nd is Guappos' in Manassas.

5. Jerseycitysteve

Jerseycitysteve

Nov 11, 2004
    KFC???????

Off of US 58 Bill's Grill in Courtland Virginia fries up a tasty bird.

6. Orkinman

Orkinman

Jan 10, 2008
    Northern VA
    The best Fried Chicken in the area was Church's Chicken. But they're gone now. Haven't seen one for at least 10 years.

7. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    Florida
    you mean KGC:rofl:

8. I've seen a few Church's Fried Chicken in So. Cal, on my business trips. Haven't had a chance to stop by and see if their stuff is still as good. Taste may have changed, given California's rules about cooking with certain oils. Jack-In-The-Box is there too.

KFC is pretty much the only place I go to get "Fried Chicken". But, it's for expediancy, not because they're the best. I've not thought much about finding a good fried chicken place. Guess I'll have to go with Va Fish's suggestion and give Guapo's a try, since they have 2, just down the streets from me.

9. My wife told me that Guapo's is opening up a restaurant in Fair Lakes where the Don Pablo's used to be.

10. 9mmkungfu

9mmkungfu

Nov 5, 2007
    I don't know if you caught it but Guapo's does not serve fried chicken - it's a rotisserie style chicken place. Just don't want you to be disappointed if you were expecting fried. Although I agree with vafish -- very good indeed!

11. Yeah, I'm not expecting gramma's fried chicken when I go there. I remember eating at a Guapo's, serving Pollo la brasa over in DC. It was tasty.

12. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    just my 2c but the IGA in MARSHALL has some of the best fried chicken made at lunch time

13. 22collector

22collector

Sep 11, 2005
    Salem, VA
    i agree with pontiacglocker. IGA in marshall is great has been for many years (i grew up in the plains ans ate there a lot). As for chains i like popeyes

14. I don't know about Northern Virginia but if you are ever in the Norfolk area the very best chicken is a local joint named Pollards just off Tidewater Drive on Bayview Ave near the Ocean View section of town....