close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Freedom of Speech and Religion

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by snowbird, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems that in Nashville, the entire corps of city taxi inspectors now has to go to reeducation camp ('sensitivity' training) because one of them said, about Muslims, "a lot of them blow up places".

One commentator's take: "Boy of boy! I'm glad they nipped this Islamophobia in the bud! I mean, when have Muslims blown up anything? In the last 5 minutes?"

2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    How can a city demand any such thing from private citizens?

3. The beast with the two lamblike (Christ like) horns is beginning to speak as dragon.

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon.
    13:12 And he excercises all the power of the first beast before him, and causes the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

4. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I get that. Fortunately, we aren't all the way there just yet. But, it sounds like Nashville has rather deep pockets for a rather large lawsuit, if they are demanding private citizens be forced to take sensitivity training regarding a specific religion.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    They have a city permit,ergo the city can pull stunts like this.'08.

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    As usual, the truth and snowbird's claims are wildly divergent.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...056/Taxi-inspector-stereotypes-Muslim-drivers

7. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  8. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
  9. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Don't they?

10. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Seriously?
    Snowbird's claim:
    The Truth:
    Add to that the additional fact that the "entire corps of city taxi inspectors" is three people.

11. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    No, Muslim cab drivers in Nashville don't blow places up.

12. Yet.

That we know of.

Question: how many of the 9/11 terrorists committed acts of terrorism prior to that date?

AM, do you deny that your 'politically-correct' world kow-tows to Islam?

Not every Muslim is a terrorist, but when Muslims do commit terrorist acts (and there have been 18,948 deadly Muslim terror attacks since 9/11, as of today), why does the Ummah (Muslim community) get drowned out by the sound of crickets chirping? Islam requires all Muslims to give zakat, "charity", which goes to support Muslim causes including jihad (terrorism).

13. I'll admit to not knowing all there is to know about this case. My closest connection to Nashville is listening to country-western music on my car radio.:)

Someone suggested that the drivers take the same class as the inspectors. Then they all could get together afterwards, have a beer and get to know each other. Unfortunately, in Islam, beer is harem (forbidden) while slaying infidels is halal (blessed by Allah).

14. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Which would make it a true statement.

When you're an employee, what happens when you don't do something you're boss 'recommends'?

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  15. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Reread the OP, that was said about Muslims. Do they not blow things up, at least more often than any other group?

16. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It seems that a statement of fact should carry no repercussions.

Not all muslims are violent jihadists, but an awful lot of violent jihadists do tend to be muslim.

Which is why we had a motto in Iraq. Be polite to everyone you meet, but always have a plan to kill every one of them.

17. Akil8290

Akil8290 Saracen

Feb 26, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Oh my God! Did snowbird really just say not every Muslim is a terrorist? Alhamdullilah! There is hope for you yet!

Until you read the rest of the paragraph..when he says zakat procedes finance terrorism, which he ignorantly refers to as jihad. Its a damn shame, a real waste.

18. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Interesting. I thought Islam was forbidden to take God's name in vain as we are. When you say God, I assume you mean Allah. But, I thought the principal was shared.

19. void *

void * Dereference Me!

The U.S. intelligence community had received intel from other countries indicating that the 9/11 terrorists were in country and planning something, prior to the attacks. It was also known that some of them had terrorist ties. For instance, it was known that Mohamed Atta had trained at al-Qaeda camps in Afghanistan.

Question: How many taxi cab drivers in Nashville have known terrorist ties? If you can answer that, then I think you would be justified in your approach to the situation, assuming that most of them actually had ties.

I suspect you can't, though, and are, as per usual, simply employing unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Edit: 0.00000026687323 deadly terror attacks per muslim per year (I might have the decimal point off by one one way or the other).

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  20. How many Muslims have we blown up and shot n Iraq since 9/11? It's not terrorism if we do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.