close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Freedom Ammo and Glock

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by w4dov, Mar 5, 2013.

1. w4dov

w4dov

anyone heard of them? I found a listing on Armslist and the guy is selling Freedom Ammo. The "Like-New" in his description gave me pause.

"Freedom Munitions "Like-New" manufacturing process provides like-new ammo performance."

Valid concern? Any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

2. mrvco

mrvco

I've been using reman (and some new) ammo from Freedom Munitions almost exclusively for about a year now. I've never had a single issue with any of it (9MM, 40S&W, 38 Special and 45ACP).

However I skip the middleman and buy directly from their website.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

3. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

I shot about 200 rounds of the .45 auto "reman" through my G21 gen 4. They cycled and ejected fine, for me, farther than WWB or Federal Champion. The only thing that bothered me, aesthetics-wise, was that out of every 50 rounds, 5 had some sort of dent in the case. Yes, I went through 500 rounds of inspection out of curiosity. The only problem now is trying to buy them. They seem to be out of stock most of the time.
    I also buy through the website. I used a Freedom Munitions coupon that helped reduce the price.

4. frankr

frankr

Just checked their web site, all 9mm OUT OF STOCK.

5. mrvco

mrvco

Sign up for the email notifications. I've ordered 9MM, 40 S&W and 45ACP during February based on the email notifications.

They finally got caught up during January and have been staying ahead of the orders now rather than taking back-orders.

6. TinnCan

TinnCan

Twenty six cents per round for reloaded 9mm? You have got to be ****ting me...

7. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

I've bought some bulk packs of theirs at local gun shows and it's been good plinking ammo. I would go for it if you can find a good price. The "like-new" ammo tag does sound kinda funny, it is remanufactured ammo which is basically a fancy term for reloads.

8. w4dov

w4dov

the guy has 1k rounds for $325 and he lives an hour away so no shipping.

I think I'll jump on it, shoot a couple hundred rounds and see how it works. Might put the rest back to shoot GSSF later this year.

9. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I've shot a bunch of it without any issues. The "hollowpoint" on the reman rounds won't expand even if it hits a brick wall:rofl:.
    May as well buy the FMJ. They use a different hollowpoint on the new rounds that I have not tried.

10. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

If you do go by and buy some ammo, ask him about his bonding and product liability insurance. How much coverage does he have, just in case someone blows their hands off or loses an eye or something.

11. w4dov

w4dov

Field Marshall Van Buren would like a word with you.

"Papers Please":rofl:

12. kirbinster

kirbinster

I've used their stuff in my G22 with no problems. Where do you find a coupon for Freedom Munitions?

13. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

I bought some reman 9 and some reman 45. All cycled OK and had no problems (misfires, duds, etc.) in the lot of 500 and 500. Seemed OK to me.

14. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

That was in 2012 but I found it online. Just google the company name and add coupon, coupon code, promotional code, etc. I've saved on all my online purchases doing this. I haven't bought ammo online this year and have only seen one or two coupons for ammo in this present climate.

15. jdw174

jdw174

I bought 500 rounds of their "Blaster" ammo in 9mm. This is listed as "blemished" ammo. It arrived in boxes of 50. I sat down and went over every single round using the barrel from my G19 as a drop-in gauge. Out of the 500, there was ONE that wouldn't drop into the chamber. It turned out that one has a 1/4" split at the case mouth. None of the others had any dents, scrapes or what have you. The ammo looked as good as the WW White Box I compared it to. There was brass from all the makers, including CCI, WW, Federal, Aguila and S&B. It shoots and ejects with no problems. I'll be using it in an IDPA match this weekend.
    Freedom, like the other commercial reloaders out there, is having problems getting components right now, and their prices have gone up to where their remans are priced about where major brands are. I paid $106 for the 500 rounds delivered. New price is $128.29 plus shipping. They put ammo up for sale as they get components available to manufacture it. It only lasts minutes...if that.

16. w4dov

w4dov

I like to shoot Winchester 165gr when I can. My local WM has the 100 rd box for $35 but only has 1 on the shelf, if any, when I'm by there. The pawn shop across the street has them for $43/box and had 4 on the shelf. :cool:

To purchase from the above link, including shipping, would run me almost $56/box. As much as I like it, I can't swing it. I guess I'll just keep checking WM and pawn shops locally. :crying:

This guy, however, has 1k rounds of reman for $325 but now I can't get him to answer a text, phone call or email. Maybe I jumped so quick I scared him?

17. mrvco

mrvco

Reman is not the same as Reloaded.

I've had better results from their reman than i've had from Winchester White Box. Their "new" ammo is nice, but I honestly can't tell any difference between it and the reman stuff (other than the variety of brass you get with the reman product).

I also found their Blaster Training Ammo to be 100% functional, if not quite as aesthetically pleasing as their reman. The Blaster ammo is also loose-packed which may turn some folks off.

18. jdw174

jdw174

I expected my Blaster to come packed loose, but it showed up in 50-rnd boxes. I've been pleased with it.

19. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Well, whoever they are, they are being besieged by buyers.

20. jdw174

jdw174

As is every other ammo site in existence.:steamed: