close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Free Warship - Sana bigay na lang sa Phil Navy

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bugoyski, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    I bet the PN won't be able to afford maintaining a ship like that..
    But si Madame cguro kaya..She and FG would need a Stealth ship after the 2010 elections hehe

2. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    There's only one built. And chances are, where are you going to get parts for it? I bet it doesn't have the payload the US Navy requires, that's why the US Navy wants it off their hands.

Converting it into a floating restaurant would be a good suggestion.

3. Duckman1975

Duckman1975

Aug 18, 2007
    Asia
    I don't think we will have any problems with parts, we filipinos are very good at "converting things" just look at Japan surplus trucks. We could replace the ships engine to use surplus hino trucks engine........ we could covert it to left hand drive if needed:supergrin:

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    true..but more often than not, safety is compromised. that's the usual trade off

5. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    It would be a big waste even if it was free. Our soldiers need the basic necessities, new rifles, vest etc. CAn;t be used in coin IMO.

6. pwede na yan pagkakitaan, ibenta sa mga magbabakal. hehehehe..:supergrin:

7. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    How about its fuel management system, stability system, navigational and communications systems? Where would we get parts if these things break down? I bet they're all computerized, and there aren't any other copies of the parts made since it's just a prototype. :)

8. Duckman1975

Duckman1975

Aug 18, 2007
    Asia
    We could gut the ship turn it upside down and make it a pump boat :supergrin:
    But I think you are right its an experimental ship with all one off parts, and the technician is right also the only way we could benefit from it is to sell it per kilo.

9. bugoyski

bugoyski

Oct 7, 2008
    Kung ndi kaya i-maintain ng Navy natin, gawin na lang na artificial reef. Sana lang walang toxic materials sa loob. :D