close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Free backup software

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Daynja, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Daynja

Daynja

Dec 23, 2004
    MN
    I'm looking for some free backup software for some files I have. I'm not real picky about all kinds of features. All I really want it to be able to do is automatic backups for several folders I specify.

I've seen several different programs out there, but I'm wondering if anyone here has actually tried any of them. Any good ones or any I should stay away from?

2. Daynja

Daynja

Dec 23, 2004
    MN
    Well while searching around I found a good answer. Windows XP already has a backup feature. It's pretty good and will do automatic backups too. One feature I like is you can set it to only update files that were modified or created after the last backup. I know this could also be a problem, but I really can't be backing up many gigabytes daily. I'll probably keep at least 2 backups at a time in case some files are modified in a bad way and they get added to the backup file.

3. bohr

bohr rm -rf /

Apr 11, 2003
    FL
    Syncback is a freeware program that I use on my WinXP machines. It's really nice and loaded with features. haven't had any problems.

LINK TO SYNCBACK

4. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
    SynBack is great. If you purchase it, one license is good for 4 personal PC's.

It does not use a special file format. Just a file by file copy making it easy to restore a single file.