close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

France: 50,000 Victims of Female Genital Mutilation

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Paul7, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
  2. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    What a great argument for banning all religion.

How many boys are harmed by needless circumcision?

Advocates of routine circumcision say it is a safe procedure, with a negligible rate of mistakes and things that go wrong, and in a relative sense (compared with brain or heart surgery) this may be true. Even so, the rate of immediate complications in the USA is between 3 and 9 per cent, meaning (tens of thousands of boys each year), with a further 5 per cent experiencing problems later. Outside the sterile wards of US hospitals, in tribal initiation settings as in Africa, circumcision may infect boys with tuberculosis, tetanus and possibly AIDS, as well as causing crippling injury to the *****. Between 60 and 80 boys die each year in southern Africa alone. Even in developed countries, such as Canada, the United States and Australia, in hygienic conditions and with all the paraphernalia of modern medicine, deaths occur regularly.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

3. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    By that reasoning we should ban atheism since Communism killed more than all religions in history put together.

4. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    What does the OP have to do with Christianity?

5. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    Other than using a religous excuse to mutilate children's genetalia?

6. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    Show me where they killed in the name of atheism.

7. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    And here you go again with the same nonsense! Communist don't disbelieve the existence of God because of reasoned evidence based argument but because they have an ideology which is competing with Christianity for followers. Do try to be rational about the things that don't impinge on your religion and stop trotting out the same stale nonsense!

By all means attack Communists because they are evil, but they are not evil because they are atheists but because they follow an evil ideology. Communism is not a creation of atheism, but merely a small part of it.

English

8. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Now you're going to say Stalin, Mao, etc are not really atheists?

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The genital mutilation they are talking about would be more akin to cutting off the entire *****, than circumcision. Your comparison is silly.

10. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    You really compare male circumcision with Muslim female genital mutilation?

You can't make this stuff up on GTRI.......

11. What are these complications? What is your source? Are you aware that circumcision in Africa greatly decreases the chances of contracting HIV and other STDs? Probably saves a lot more than the 60-80 that die each year (which is still questionable pending your source identification).

12. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Quit posting things that make the liberal asshats who support these guys look bad. How is Obama going to get re-elected?

13. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    Same tired refrain.

Not the question asked. He asked "Show me where they killed in the name of atheism."

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Well, I was born in a military hospital and they trimmed the trouser snake. No ill effects or trauma over some missing skin.

15. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    I did not want to lessen the horror of what they are doing to thise women! It makes me very angry. I wanted to point out the thougght errors which lead to irrational acts in the name of religion. Who would think to take a knife or sharp stone and cut off a part of a child? Who would be that cruel if not for a religious mandate?

The circumcision reference is to point out how these folks think. If your bible commanded it, i bet a large group of you would be struggling to justify female genital mutilation.

If it werent for religion it would be called abuse.

16. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas

http://www.circumstitions.com/death.html

If you are so worried about stopping the spread of AIDS in africa, petition the Pope to allow condom use! Way more effective!

17. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    You are one sick democrat...:upeyes:

18. void *

void * Dereference Me!

The prevalence of FGM is actually on the decline overall, due to external influence (i.e., people coming in and telling them the truth: No, it won't turn into male genitals, etc). Do you consider leaving them alone such that the prevalence does not decline, and more girls get cut overall (just, you know, none whose parents have emigrated to the U.S., where we can actually arrest for child abuse, etc, or none in Europe, where, as your article indicates, the parents can be prosecuted for neglect) the morally superior path?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012