close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fox news and the Zimmerman Trial

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Kichigai, Jul 5, 2013.

1. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  2. These are the real choices Zimmerman had. Zimmerman was following Martin in a car. Then he got out with a loaded handgun and approached Martin. Zimmerman had the option of waiting for the police. He choose not to. Martin didn't have that option. Are you saying Martin should have waited for the police while a stranger who had been aggressively stalking him in the night closed the distance to arms length.

3. kirgi08

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  4. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    On what planet does a hippo stalk a cheetah?

5. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    Why didn't Martin just stay put in the bushes? If you hid because your were scared why chance a confrontation? The lil thug in him wouldnt have it that's why

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  6. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    The liberal lies, BS, and story twisting never end do they.

7. It happens when the cheetah comes in the water after the hippo. Most cheetahs aren't that stupid.

8. There's no evidence he hid in the bushes, but if he did, how long was he supposed to stay there before walking home? How long would you have hid in the bushes? I think most of those arguing for Zimmerman's acquittal would do the same thing Martin did if a strange man of a difference race was stalking them on their way home in the night. A wise man certainly wouldn't lead a stalker to his house.

9. Sop when your logic breaks down you stereotype and throw out baseless claims of prevarication. :crying:

10. kirgi08

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Now Fred.'08. :shame:

11. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    Nope, just when I hear lies.

12. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Joe never said that.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/dragnet.asp

How do you know Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around. I think that is pure conjecture too.
    Unless you have any witness statements that support Zimmerman confronting Martin.

The one thing this case has, is lots and lots of people using copious amounts of brain Spackle to paint a picture to their liking.

I honestly don't know what happened from the moment the two guys were aware of each other, until the shot was fired. Only Zimmerman knows for sure, if his memory is straight. Adrenalin has a way of messing with your memory.

We don't know if Zimmerman had Martin cornered, but that's hard to imagine on a sidewalk. We don't know who approached who, we don't know who closed within arms length of the other. We don't know who initiated physical contact. We don't know if Martin made a verbal threat of death to Zimmerman.

Is that enough to rise to the level of a reasonable doubt to convict? We all have our own answers, and a lot of us will disagree with the verdict.

:popcorn:

13. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    That's no way to talk about poor Comrade Zero's son. So terribly judgmental, why I'm pretty sure that T-Ray was on the dean's list. Or was that the Miami-Dade Sheriff's list? I forget.

Say, I've been meaning to ask... How come not one of the many thousands of young black men--gunned down by other black men subsequent to the Immaculation of the Secular Humanist Messiah--resemble Comrade Zero enough to be thought of as his son? Comrade Zero lived in ****cago for decades; doesn't it stand to reason that at least one of 'Dead Fish' Emanuel's croaked hood-rats could be Comrade Zero's boy? Have they no uppity white-Hispanics in ****cago? You know they say the fruit don't fall far from de A.C.O.R.N. tree. Perhaps there is a baby mama in ****cago needin' justice too. N'est-ce pas?

:upeyes:

14. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    and, herein, lies the truth.

15. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    Zimmerman was surveilling Martin, not stalking him.

Also, why didn't Martin run home after he knocked Zimmerman to the ground?

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    to be fair, he got shot in the heart... ;)

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

17. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

I think you misunderstood. Zimmerman's account is that Martin approached him and asked something like "do you have a problem", Zimmerman supposedly said no, Martin supposedly said you do now, and punched him in the nose, breaking it, and knocking Zimmerman to the ground.

The question is, why didn't he leave after he punched him the first time.

Martin was not shot, according to Zimmerman and the eye witness, until after Martin climbed on top of him and was beating his head into the sidewalk while fighting.

I guess it all depends on whether you believe Zimmerman, the eye witness, or your own imagination.

18. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    Thank you...

19. At some point doesn't TVM had a right to stand his ground if he felt threatened? Maybe he saw GZ reach for his gun.

Is this a regrettable confluence of events where two frightened people both were reacting in self defense?

GZ testified with his video and interviews. He testified with his 911 calls.

The few times I've sat on juries, guilty or not guilty came down to who I believed. True these were not murder trials... but I still took it seriously and considered the consequences my decision carried.

GZ admitted reaching for his "cell phone" and then was attacked.

Really! GZ wants us to believe after just after finishing a conversation with 911, the watchman seeking out information on when/where the police, relaying information when/where the subject, seeking an address, the subject he had pursued, that he would have put his cell phone back into his pocket? REALLY?

Don't forget... the investigator told him that it was all on video... so the phone was near his weapon... Really! REALLY?

I just don't find GZ's story credible...

If he is found not guilty that would be unfortunate.