close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

found sneaking around the station.......

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by cowboywannabe, Sep 16, 2011.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    put and end to him quickly.

the run of the mill water snakes get a pass, but these dudes gots ta be kilt when they get close to the cruisers parked out front.

2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    There is a nest full of little moccasins with trouble on their little minds...

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Copperheads and even the occasional rattlers get a pass with me. Not so much for moccasins. They dont run off when a person comes strolling by.

4. texmex

texmex

Nov 29, 2004
    Central Texas
    Almost a year ago our senior clerk came in one morning and started to make the coffee. It was a chilly morning and when she opened the top of the coffee maker, there was a 2 foot grass snake curled up in the coffee filter. I think he got in there to get warm. Anyway, she just about had a heart attack. One of our deputies is deathly afraid of snakes. If he had made the coffee that morning, the place probably would have been shot all to hell.

5. RVER

RVER

Aug 3, 2004
    PA
    Collim1,
    You be a good man. Copperheads gotta go. Right along with their babies, cousins, friends and neighbors too... We don't get rattlers in the city, otherwise I'd have something waiting for them too.

6. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    Years ago, I found a foot long Alligator lizard in our station so what do I do? I put it in my partner's D-cell Kelite (remember those?) and put the light back on the desk. When my partner picked up his light and he noticed right away it was light. He shook it and it kind of rattled, "What the hell?" He unscrewed the cap and held it up to the light so he could see what was going on, and the damn thing jumped out and onto his face and started biting.

I thought he was going to kill me. He chased me around the station for half an hour. I almost died that night.......................................... from laughing so hard.

[​IMG]

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    in their domain i give the venomous ones a pass too.

but when night shift rolls around and they go to get in their cruisers and have to flash light around to ensure they dont step on a snake....well....

our station is right on the river bank so its not uncommon to see these snakes.....copperheads and rattlers are far more rare near the water's edge. but moccosins (cotton mouths) are a regular customer.

standard water snakes are so damn skiddish you hardly see them for more than a few seconds before they slide off somewhere, but the dude in this pic stood his ground as they usually do.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    capture it an put it in a sack in the trunk. next bar fight just roll up and throw the snake in and drive off.

9. That poor snake was probably trying to turn his life around, you savage. :rofl:

10. I don't suppose anyone knows how said serpent gained entry?

11. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    He was an undocumented alien.

12. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    I can't stand those Cottonwatermochs!! I don't mind giving the copperhead/rattlesnake a pass, but these SOBs are DRT! In the spring, we would sit out on my buddies back deck and shoot the little bast##@ds around their dock!

Perfect job!! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

13. Now, THAT'S FUNNY..............:rofl::rofl:

14. I hear ya, brother. My nephew Merle went an' got hisseff copped by a popperhead a while back, an he wuz PISSED! :rofl:

15. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Water moccasins don't invade my domain, but I darn sure would pop one; mash one; smash one; and bash one; and possibly burn it with fire if it got into my domain.

16. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Snakes.around here are generally not.dangerous, but my wife is deathly afraid so I'm under orders to shoot on sight.

17. maddog3241

maddog3241 Parttimer

May 28, 2011
    My wife pays my kids a bounty of 1 dollar a snake. She has been known to wet herself on the sight of one. :rofl: As far as the trick SAR pulled, I might have shot ya. :whistling: haha

18. Well then, that explains it. Rumor has it they do love to swim.