close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Found an unfired FEG GKK-45...info anyone?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bac1023, Jul 21, 2010.

1. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Thanks guys :wavey:

2. austin_tx

austin_tx

Jun 28, 2010
    I picked up an unfired/NIB GKK-45 (known as the ACK in Hungary, I believe) a few months ago on a lark. Here are my photos, even though they still don't compare in quality to BAC's. :crying: I'm going to have to monkey with the camera settings and lighting until I can get similar colors and contrasts.

I like the gun. It's certainly not the most refined piece, but the bluing is nicely done for such a cheap gun, and it shoots well, once you adjust to the gritty trigger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Very nice ATX

They aren't overly refined, but they are solid pistols.

4. TRX302

TRX302

Jul 27, 2012
    I picked up a GKK a few months ago but haven't had it to the range yet. I bought it from a friend based on his description, without seeing it first.

I'm moderately pleased with it; I'm not sure I would have bought it if I had handled it first. The slide-to-frame fit is much looser than I'm used to; other than that, the workmanship and bluing seem flawless. But it's actually larger than a standard 1911, particularly in the grip, which I find to be awkwardly shaped, even for my large hands. For some reason that bothers the heck out of me.

I've found a couple of spare magazines, but other than that, GKK parts seem to be nonexistent. Well, I knew it was an orphan when I bought it, so I can't complain.

[edit] I went off to do some looking again, and it looks like Gun Parts Corp has a sizeable selection of spares for the GKK. Back when I first looked their site returned nothing. I don't know if they recent;y got parts in, or their site had the gollywobbles when I looked before.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA

I'd sooner compare it to a Hi-Power, which is the gun its loosely based on, not the 1911. It is quite a bit bigger though.

6. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    Congrats, it looks like a BHP and a S&W 39 had a baby.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Yeah, I guess they do have some traits from both.

8. Brass

Brass

Mar 10, 2013
    No matter what you think it resembles I personally like the look of it. In fact I will be picking one of these up by the end of April. Very few rounds put through it and it is in excellent condition. Ran into the guy selling it at a local gun show, private owner. Was 13 minutes to close so I got his name and number and have worked out a deal since he is out of state. It should go nicely with my FEG PJK-9HP :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I like the look of it too :supergrin:

10. oldcop1971

oldcop1971

Feb 11, 2006
    north alabama
    9mm, picked it up a month or so ago. Had a problem with the bullets rotating nose down and jamming on the feed ramp (HP). Not so much a problem with ball ammo. I put some S&W style followers in the mags and lessened the feeding problem, but still not 100% with HP, almost 100% with ball. I've got to polish the feed ramp and check the mag lips to see if that helps. Nice gun, like the feel of it, hope to be able to get it up to reliable enough for carry and not just range toy status.