Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Found 180GR HST For sale

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by wruckis, Jul 30, 2010.

1. wruckis

May 12, 2010
    Hey everyone. I know how hard it is to find good SD ammo these days especially here on the left coast. has Speer GD in 165 & 180gr, winchester ranger bonded 165 & 180gr, win. ranger "T" 180gr and federal HST in 180gr ( very hard to find in 180gr) All are in 50 round boxes not 20 or 25 and at good prices. As of a couple min. ago they had 7 boxes left of the HST'S. Just thought i would pass this info along.
  2. rome2240sw

rome2240sw GLOCKIN4LIFE

Jun 5, 2010
    columbia, SC
    Another place you can check out is Palmetto State Armory. Thats where i picked up my Federal HSTs from. They also carry winchester PDX1, hornady tap, hornady critical defense, fiocchi, Speer Gold dot 180gr/165gr, and numerous other rounds for all sorts of calibers. I got the white box HSTs tho. With the brass cases and silver primers. Same HST quality just with standard brass shells.

3. wruckis

May 12, 2010
    I saw those white box HST's,XM40HC i believe. do you have any data on those? What is the difference between the white box hst's and the pretty box of hst's, just the shells and primers?
  4. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Wal-Mart sells Federal 135 GR JHP brass cased .40 with the same type HST bullit profile for $22.97 a box of 50.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. wruckis

May 12, 2010
    Yep, i bought a few boxes of the 135gr hst from wallyworld, good price but i am wanting someting with a little more penetration and those 180gr hst's are hard to find so i thought i better get'em while the gettin is good. I have heard that at the start of next year california residents can no longer purchase ammo online, if that is true i will have to buy a lot more 135gr hst' or wwb 180 gr hp's from wallyworld.
  6. gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    I believe the difference between the white box and regular is white box has brass cases and regular has nickle plated brass cases. Not 100% though.

Stock up online while you can then man! Ammo will last a long, long time if kept cool and dry. I have bought all the SD ammo I think I'll need for the rest of my life (I'm young and don't smoke) unless something comes out that is SO much better, it's guaranteed to anchor a goblin with a miss. Know what I mean?