close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Forster replacement cutter

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by creophus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. creophus

creophus
    Expand Collapse
    Born Again

I purchased a used Forster brass trimmer. The cutting head is really dull and I believe it needs replaced.

Seems like only the entire shaft is sold as a replacement. Anyone see just the cutter? Midway and Grafs and some others have the replacement, but I'm trying to get just the part I need.

Any of you have one you'd sell me?

2. dkf

dkf
    Expand Collapse

It looks like on the Classic the cutter is part of the shaft. The 3 in 1 has the replaceable carbide cutters.

With a diamond hone and some water or hone oil you can sharpen it up by following the existing relief angles. You could take it to shop that sharpens endmills and other cutting tools also. I don't know if getting it resharpened will be much cheaper than buying a new shaft/cutter.

#2 dkf, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. creophus

creophus
    Expand Collapse
    Born Again

Perhaps sharpening it might be an option. It's about $14 for a new one, plus shipping so I don't think I could pay someone to sharpen the old one for less than that.

4. ColoCG

ColoCG
    Expand Collapse

What dkf says is correct. You can't just by the cutter, it and the shaft are one piece on the classic cutter. They do last a long time though, I think I've replaced one in 40years. You could possibly get it sharpened, it might be worth checking out.