close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Forgive me Gaston...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by BamaTrooper, Aug 11, 2012.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    ...years ago I decided to go "all Glock" because that is what I am required to carry at work. I ended up with nearly 30 Glocks.
    Recently, I decided to look for one of the guns that I "let go" years ago. I speak specifically of a Colt LW COmmander in 9mm. I want one built, not a Colt particularly, but a LW Commander sized 9mm.

I was making some calls and while doing so, ended up trading a SIG P6 for a pre70 LWC in 45. Strangely, another Trooper is retiring and has some gns to sell. She brought in another pre70 CLW in 45. I may pick it up as well.

Anyhow, anyone recommend a good aluminum frame to start a 9mm build?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    OK, I have a muzzle to muzzle photo, but can't find the cable to download it to the computer. Will try when I go to work at 9.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    The two tone is the one I for which I traded the P6.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Serial number ranges put the lefthand one in 1972 and the righthand one in 1974.

6. Great deal. I would have traded a SIG P6 or a commeralcial P-225 any day for a .45 LWC.