close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ford patrol vehicle recall

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ftttu

Ftttu

Dec 19, 2011
    Texas
    Great to hear.

Our agency finally started getting a few AWD Explorers, but they're still being outfitted at this time. Also, our agency is slated to get the first batch of '14s that roll off the line. Hopefully, the problems are fixed by then.

2. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    As if LEO's aren't in enough danger as it is! I hear every time you turn on your speed radar, your manhood gets smaller!

3. Ftttu

Ftttu

Dec 19, 2011
    Texas
    I always thought it was my wife getting older, fatter and uglier all the time.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Nice try, but everyone knows West Texas women never git ugly.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  5. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    You never met my paleontology professor, eh?

6. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Went to school in NM. Guessing she looks like a dinosaur?

7. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Try a coprolite from the Hueco Mountains .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  8. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
    Wonder if this will fix the leaking fuel pump issue.

We have had several of the new Fords, both sedan and SUV need fuel pump replacements due to leaks that were filling the cabin with gasoline fumes. I don't drive one, so I don't know specifics, but I know that there is supposed to be a fix coming out. Must be it.

Other than that, people seem to like them for the most part. Biggest gripes are the small fuel tanks and the car is not a good size for uh ... "corpulent" cops.

9. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Everytime I gas my Explorer up and don't stop at the click, it pukes gas all over the place. The fuel funnel sustem sucks a bag on these new whips.

10. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    Wonderful. Delay after delay and we still don't have our car after a fricking year. Now just toss another delay on top.

11. Went to work last night and found my trusty CVPI gone....its out being gutted and will be replaced with a Ford PI in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

12. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Sep 29, 2005
    Colorado
    I'm sorry... I just drove a new Ford Interceptor this week and I didn't really like it. I'm only 5'11" 180 and I felt crammed inside. The view from inside also sucks. Can't see behind you or out to your typical mirror blind spot areas. The back up camera and blind spot detector help when you're driving but I don't think it would be too hard to sneek up on you because of the poor view. It also it tough to get in and out of because of the stupid door straps. They do look nice though.

I did also get to drive the new Ford SUV too and I really liked it! Much more room and much easier to see out of. I could do in a in depth review if there hasn't already been one and I have a bunch of pics of the one we got.

13. WT

WT Millennium Member

Jan 12, 1999
    USA
    Coloshootr - thanks for your observation.

Today I have come up with a new premise ....

Modern American automobiles are designed for women. Generally they are smaller than American men.

Now I know why Ford sold 650,000 F150s last year.

14. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    Lol...ours just got delivered on Wednesday. I just get to try it out for the first time. I agree that it's certainly a little tight. Not quite uncomfortable for me, but not ideal either. The back seat is small. The best part is that two of our guys can't fit in it. Serves them right for not trying it out beforehand.