close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ford Everest 4x4 Reviews Needed

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Putok-Glock, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Feb 2, 2005
    @MayonDotCom
    Hi Bros,

I need your help and guidance here. I havent rode any everest before and I did a search here but the latest info was in 2007 pa. I've seen one 4x2 a/t in Ford Libis and I was impressed by its interiors and the 3rd row seat is quite roomy. The 4x4 a/t is high on my list.

But I might get a Montero 4x4 a/t as I already have the estrada for 3years now and the performance is very good from the very start til now @ 106,000 km. Also the warranty service in Mits Casa is good and reasonably priced. But the estrada is quite bouncy in the rear seats.

One primary consideration is a 3rd row seat thats comfy for a long ride in our type of roads as I intend to use it as a car for a family of 6 + driver, and can double as a range car so its should be 4x4 :supergrin: I dont want a Fortuner due to its alleged D4D engine problems.

TIA

2. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Montero na!! 3.2li , 4x4 a/t!
    resale value is my consideration

3. itosh

itosh

Oct 29, 2006
    i have a 2nd gen 3.0 4x4 everest (ford libis din), almost the same lang sa latest ngayon na facelifted and 18" magwheels na, about sa 3rd seat ride for me its bouncy unless you replace the shocks to a better brands most of them uses "pro-comp" or "rancho"...mas cheaper ata procomp :), my mileage is 5-6 kms/l city driving (med. traffic)...roomy lang talga 3rd seat although i used it for cargos lang always naka-fold or somtimes tinatanggal ko pa yung 3rd seat chair para mas maluwag kung malaki-laki yung ikakarga..

haven't rode montero pa din but afaik naka coil spring na sya sa rear yung eve leaf spring lang, maybe plus yun sa comfort riding ng 3rd seat...and mas sporty dating ng montero sport :)

IMO

edit: i know theres a 2.5L na 4x4 i dunno if AT, mas matipid sa diesel 2.5L to 3.0L nagsabay na kmi sa biyahe almost 1/2 and differnce..

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Free Flood
    i have a friend who in late 2008 ay nalaspag ang piston ng brand new Everest niya kasi bumibiyahe siya sa SCTEX then (from Tarlac to Dinalupihan, twice a week) at a speed of 140 to 180 kph.. six months lang bumigay na piston ring.

5. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    I tried out the 4x4 during their 4x4 demo/trials at the Fort - pretty good.
    One thing to consider: Everest was the most carnapped / carjacked vehicle a year or two ago and the current king is the Montero sport :whistling:

6. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    we test drove the 4x2, medyo bouncy, the montero sport has better ride.

7. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Feb 2, 2005
    @MayonDotCom
    Sa totoo lang mas pabor ako sa montero bcoz its the same engine as my etrada a/t. But I was trying for a change kung sakali dahil lahat ng cars nagamit ko 95% ay Mits. But all things equal, Montero na ko, the re-sale value is a good bonus on the side.

5-6km/L! Grabe yun!

Papaano na kaya kng byahe nya Legazpi-Manila-Legazpi weekly dahil may Lev 3 match lagi?!:whistling: Thats 1,000+km each round trip... Pero di ko naman din kaya ung 140-180 kph speed, but still thats not a good perf record.

Lamang and Montero sa Everest to date so far, kahit sa carnap data hehe...keep it coming, the more inputs the best for me....

8. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
  9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    best engine and ride of all available SUV's right now is still the Isuzu Alterra. Even better ride and power than the Trooper.

Downside for me is that it looks like a pick -up with a camper shell. That's why hindi ko mabitawan Trooper ko!

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    best engine and ride of all available SUV's right now is still the Isuzu Alterra. Even better ride and power than the Trooper.

Downside for me is that it looks like a pick -up with a camper shell. That's why hindi ko mabitawan Trooper ko!

11. pipo

pipo

Feb 20, 2006
    my wife thinks the alterra looks like an upgraded funeral car. Otherwise the isuzu quality is legendary.

12. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    kung iibahin ang design ng allterra pwede na kaso pangit eh. aalam mo naman ang pinoy exterior first ang tinitignan tsaka na kung malakas sa gas at mahal ang parts at least may pogi points.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  13. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    sa 3.2 na strada , going 130kph is like 80 kph lang sa kotse
    ang tahimik
    Proven na makina yan kasi yan din makina ng shogun
    Proven din na mahal ang maintence
    Yun lang

14. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Feb 2, 2005
    @MayonDotCom
    Nice read 'nix, lalo ako nakumbinsi sa Montero. But i was wondering about the write up sa Everest2009, masyado negative compared to the one made on model 2007 w/c was very +, pero made by one and the same author. pano kaya un??

I had 1999trooper I already sold. One thing that I wont forget about it was its smooth ride in the back seats even on bumby roads thats bcoz it used torsion bars as suspension. Compared to my Pajero of same yr. model, the pajero is far more bouncy w/ coil springs as suspension.

Last week,w/ my strada 3.2 a/t mod97, may nakahabolan ako brand new Montero going to Matnog Sorsogon, I was speeding @ 150kph, the engine felt relaxed and had power reserve pa. The Montero just passed by w/o much ado and effort. Gusto ko sana sabayan pero surrender dibdib ko:supergrin: Estimate ko nasa 160+kph yung Montero. Pero nasa break-in pa ata yun, wala pa plate#!
    Maintenance-wise, wala pa ako experience dahil w/ odo @ 106,000km already, oks na oks pa makina.

Kumusta yung Strada nyo Sir A, nabasa ko sa searched thread ko You have 1...

15. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Maganda strada
    Used a lot sa bundok,ilog, mud, rocks, no roads where a lot of trucks got stuck. Pati bisita namin foreigner bilib pang off road
    Sa SCTEX 15 min to subic
    97 din yung akin, there's some squeking sa rear suspension pero yun lang naman
    My biggest complaint is it costs 12t every checkup period. Nasa 50k kms pa lang

The kids are grown and nahihilig din kami sa roadtrips recently so antay ko lang january for a montero din.
    Interioir is better than the fortuner's( plus it's cheaper )
    Resale is better then the everest

I have a 93 everest( hindi pa crdi ), in fairness matibay at maluwag and the 3rd seat can fit 1.5 Allegras
    No complaints din except....it's ugly hehe

16. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    i am eyeing the new kia sorento.diesel engine,5years warranty or 150tkm warranty, plus 200hp sound real good.

17. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    I have a 2007 4x2 Everest A/T...happy with the performance. So when I sold the Revo, got another (4x2 A/T pa rin) Everest...my primary consideration is the space. Ang laki talaga sa loob compared to other SUVs (even vs. the Nissan Patrol that looks like a monster size from the outside).

Downside...and lakas sa krudo! City driving average is about 7-8kms/liter!

But all in all, Im happy with it.

18. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    3.0 ba displacement ng everest? if it is, that's about right sa fuel consumption. 7-8km/l pag city driving.

my 8yr old 3.0 trooper just reached the 100k mark. fuel consumption ko is still a respectable 7km/liter sa city driving. hiway, around 13-14km/l average pag hindi hataw

19. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Looks like the engine was shut down a lot of times while hot. It's usually wise to cool down a turbocharged diesel engine after being run for a long period of time without any load (accessories off, including aircon). It also allows for cooler oil to run through the turbocharger's bearings during the cool down period. A turbo-timer comes in handy.

Another cause of this may have been the use of an engine oil that did not meet the specs of the engine.

20. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    Normal yan kasi specs changes e. The 2009 model is compared to its 09 contemporaries, so the rating may change based on the improvement that took place.The site has yet to fail me.It was my reference when I bought a Mazda 3 2.0 in 2005, and I was happy. I'm also happy with my newly acquired Honda Civic 1.8S,and its because of the reviews from that site.