Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

For those that carry a glock 30

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Alliance50, Jun 24, 2012.

1. I'm curious to hear how many that carry a glock 30 will or have switched to the gen 4 now that they are out?
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Gossamer_G30

Jun 9, 2012
    I have a 3rd gen G30, carry it daily in a Fobus paddle holster. Very comfortable, and by far, the best side arm I have ever had.

3. gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    I have a G30 that gets carried quite a bit.Actually wore it out to breakfast this morning. I curious why you would think people would trade their Gen 3 for a Gen 4 if the Gen 3 works fine?
  4. Well I have been carrying guns for 40 yrs and have changed many times when a newer or different model comes out.
    maybe because of the changes made you may feel it's a better gun then you gen 3 could be all kinds of reasons. If you don't have a reason like many others most likely do thats great just asking.:wavey:

BTW I didn't say trade I just said get a gen 4 to carry, not a good policy to trade guns I think. Keep them all.

Anyway I carry many different kinds of guns, Glocks,HK's,1911, sig's just depends on what I'm feeling like or where I am going or if I'm teaching a class will depend on what I carry. Of course I'm pretty much retired now.
  5. mortpes

Oct 1, 2006
    My thinking is that a gun is a tool. Over time an often used tool earns its keep or is thrown out. Often my favorite tool is the oldest. I would need a good reason to replace my original glock 30. Anyone know of a battle proven reason?
  6. Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    if it ain't broke, why fix it? (unless you have the cash to buy a new one everytime glock adds a new doodad on it)
  7. owl6roll

Sep 9, 2004
    Love my G30SF. I qualified with it this last qual, along with the Kimber. Remindes my of the Colt Officers mod, I had 25 years ago. Thats one I miss.
  8. unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    The G-30 is too big for me to want to replace my current CCW pistols, and I certainly don't need another caliber to feed. But I did handle a G-36 for the first time yesterday and it was a nice fit. Not to hijack the thread but I've read there are more problems with the G-36 model than any other Glock and perhaps some GT members can confirm that before I investigate any further.
  9. I have a G30 3rd generation. No plans to ever replace it. Runs perfectly.

Of course my car is 9 years old too. Still runs perfectly. No plans to get rid of that either.

10. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    A G30 does the majority of my CCW duty. I'm still at a Gen 2.5 and have no need or desire to switch. If something works....? :dunno:
  11. FuturePharmD

Jun 20, 2011
    I carry a g36 and have put nearly 300 rounds through it without the first problem. Mine has been flawless.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  12. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 NRA Benefactor

Feb 24, 2007
    Sumter, S.C.
    I carry a 30SF, the grip should be the same as a Gen 4 without any backstraps. I think I will stay with what I got. That is unless I pick one up someday and notice a significant difference.
  13. g30sfjeepguy

Aug 19, 2011
    I love my 30sf gen 3 It works great and is the perfect size for my build.
  14. I'm keeping my Gen 3, don't have to worry about hot casings to the forehead.
  15. Glock21sf-miami

Jul 25, 2008
    I carried a G30 for 2 years and then I switched to a G36. it is a lot easier to carry the G36. However, even though I my preferred SD caliber is .45, I find myself carrying my trusty 642 more and more.... Is this happening to anyone....?

My G30 rarely leaves the safe anymore....
  16. glock192012

Sep 20, 2011
    got the 36 a month ago. was debating between the 30 21 and it. beings it is a carry piece it seemed the most applicable. i read the complaints from some but found it to shoot even better than my 17 19 and 23. of course i now need to ad the 30 after hearing the love it gets:cool::cool:
  17. Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    My gen 3 is still my EDC. Might use a GSSF coupon on a gen 4 next year. This year a 19 to suppress.
  18. the 30sf is a great gun, very versatile. i tried carrying over a 6 month period, couldn't find a good way to conceal it on my size frame, too bulky for me to feel comfortable. now i have a g36 and i love it, but i miss the extra rounds the 30 provided. tough luck for me, but if i could have made it work the gen 3 would be mine for life, the gen 4 improvements would not have added any benefit:cool:
  19. F_G

Jan 11, 2010
    Crown King, AZ
    I've had my Gen 3 30 for almost 4 years now, don't ever plan on getting rid of it...........unless it gives me a good reason to.