close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

For those of you who appreciate a nice O/U

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by nathanours, Feb 17, 2013.

1. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Hey everyone, I've been searching around for a nice O/U 12 ga gun for mostly skeet with a bit of dove/quail/goose/pheasant/chucker and duck thrown in. I found one locally yesterday on Armslist for $900. It's a Browning Citori made in 1987. It has 3" chambers, a 28" barrel, invector chokes, and looks completely unfired in perfect shape. I literally cannot find a mark on the gun. The wood and bluing are both perfect. It came with the original 25 year old cardboard box and chokes. The only things missing were the instruction manual and the choke wrench. I feel like I got a very good deal for the price I paid. What do you guys think of her? This gun surely won't remain in un-fired shape for long :supergrin:

The Citori is a direct descendant and is very similar (the Citori has removable chokes) to the Browning Superposed; the last great design of John Moses Browning. All the Citori guns are hand built and fitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    You suck. :supergrin:

Very nice, I'd love to find one of those.

3. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    That is a good price for a used one, I like to skeet shoot but I usually can't find a Browning Citori for under $1,000

4. nathanours

nathanours Texan

I've been looking all over for about a month. The more beat up, fixed choke, 2 3/4" chamber guns run around $1000 from what I've seen recently on gunbroker, armslist, and gunsinternational.

5. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    That there is a gun you can pass down a few generations, if desired. You can probably get a free owners manual from Browning, not that there's much in there for a Citori. A choke tube wrench would be easy to get, flea-bay or elsewhere. Lube the choke threads & take them out once in a while.

Treat it right & I'm sure it will do just fine.

6. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

Dec 21, 2010
    I have a 16ga Citori that is a sweet upland and skeet gun. It's best to buy one with a few small dings so you won't cry the first time it gets a scratch . People buy these guns and are afraid to hunt with them because they are so beautiful. I've seen some good deals on the auction sites, the o/u just aren't selling. If Browning made a "Tactical Citori" they would sell like hot cakes.

7. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Oh there's no fear of that. This gun will see plenty of skeet shooting, and once fall rolls around it'll get its fair shard of waterfowl and upland birds.

8. got2hav1

got2hav1

Apr 9, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Nice find. The Citori is a fine shotgun. I shot sporting clays with a Lightening Sporting Clays version for many years. Never a single failure to fire. My favorite shotgun for sure! Congrats on a great deal, enjoy.

9. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

Feb 17, 2011
    now i have to add one if those to the list very nice find

10. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    Congrats. One of the milestones in the history or fine arms.

11. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Fine shotgun. Nice price. I had that exact gun in the '80's, except in a 20 gauge. My shotgun now is a Browning B-SS, in 20 gauge. Love the O/O, but love the S/S better. English stock.

12. nathanours

nathanours Texan

The S/S guns are gorgeous, especially with the English stocks. I shoot better with an O/U because it seems to point better for me. In my mind there is a certain grace and class that come with a nice O/U or S/S that no other gun can match.

13. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
  15. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  16. got2hav1

got2hav1

Apr 9, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Just watched the video. Nathan, stop right now and you can say you never missed with that gun. LOL. Congrats, nice gun and at a great price.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  17. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Just bought a Citori Superlight Feather off of GB. :)