close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For those of you that like to AIWB carry (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by maddy345, Jun 23, 2011.

1. maddy345

maddy345
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

95% of the time I carry in either a Milt Sparks VMII or a Crossbreed Supertuck. The other 5% of the time I will appendix carry if I am just running to the store or know I won't be out long.

I was looking for an alternative to the Dale Fickle Archangel as $100 for a kydex holster is a lot. Forum member zacii (from Defensivecarry.com)recommended this alternative http://www.blade-tech.com/Phantom-Series-IWB-holster-pr-1212.html

I ordered one from Cheaper Than Dirt and had it in four days. After adding some mole skin to the back for comfort and adjusting the tension I have to say it is much better than the Don Hume I have been using. Very stable, smooth draw, stays open for re-holstering and it is cheap!!!

I still like my Desantis Tuck This for my Springfield XD9SC but for the Glock 23 this works better for me as it doesn't ride as deep as the Desantis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 maddy345, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. txgunguy

txgunguy
    Expand Collapse

Sweet. Appendix carry usually irritates my skin so I only use it for quick trips. Ill keep this holster in mind.

3. maddy345

maddy345
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+1 on this. Try the moleskin. You can get two sheets of it at your local drug store for $2 or so. I have it on the back of my Crossbreed too and it really saves on the irritation and helps keep the holster in place.

#3 maddy345, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. Bufford

Bufford
    Expand Collapse

Got one for my G23 at Cheaper Than Dirt, and it was only $20

5. McMillan

McMillan
    Expand Collapse

I have the AA made by Dale,
    I absolutely love it. Conceals well, positions the gun perfectly, and DAMN FAST draw.

6. VELO

VELO
    Expand Collapse

Is the end of the holster open?

I ask because I wonder if you could buy the shorter G26 version but still shove a G19 in there if desired. Thanks in advance.

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Newb

I can answer this because I own the same holster. The end of it is indeed open. I carried ky G17 in one sized for the 19/23 sized Glocks for a while and it worked perfectly and not part of the gun stuck out the bottom of it.