close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

For everyone who'd take a tazer over OC...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msu_grad_121, Oct 2, 2012.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    ...you are wrong.

Now I can speak on both subjects and I stand by my argument that whoever designed tazers did it as a) a joke, b) a more efficient way to commit war crimes, or c) just to watch people scream, cry and flop around like a fish out of water.

On the plus side, I've had a knot in my neck for weeks that miraculously went away after getting zapped.

Still, OC me any day.

2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Chopper sez: "Grow a mustache, stop the whinging, and harden the 'heck' up!" :tongueout:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Leave it to you to bring up my inability to grow facial hair that doesn't resemble hamsters dying on my face... :rofl:

4. Taser - 5 seconds of pain followed by immediate recovery.

OC - 30 minutes of pain, tears and snot. Followed by reactivating it in the shower for another 30 mins.

Did you hit your head during the taser? ;)

5. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    You're close, Roc, but I've found it to be more like this:

Taser - 5 of the longest seconds of the worst pain in the world, which feels like an hour and makes you think you're going insane, followed by reasonably quick recovery

OC - 30 seconds of mild burning which I can fight through, followed by me telling the others who got sprayed that they're not gonna die

Again, OC any day.

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    You need to train yourself like a Kung Fu master.

Start with a 9 volt battery on your tongue and proceed from there!

7. TASER over OC, everytime. Was an OC instructor for years, been probe and stun drive subjected for training.

OC - the gift the keeps on giving for the rest of the day . . .

8. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Jun 12, 2006
    OK, USA
  9. AJE

AJE *goes to 11*

Apr 5, 2004
    SW Ohio
    Mild? MILD?

I eat "hot" salsa... the OC felt slightly worse than that.

Tase me any day, and yes, I still have the video of me screaming like a *****.

I've been present for more than one pepper sprayings and the effect on the suspect didn't help nearly as much as the two guys I've tased. Not even close.

10. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

May 22, 2010
    Wis-cow-nsin
    If all you got out of OC was 30 seconds of mild burning, perhaps you did not receive proper exposure.

Put me in the "Taser any day" camp.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Oh trust me, that guy sprayed me like he was painting a house. It just doesn't bother me that bad. :dunno:

12. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

Nov 15, 2004
    Stuck in WA
    Maybe because I was THAT kid sticking a fork in the electic outlet as a kid.... but let me ride the five any day of the week compared to OC.

13. Come on, you're a manly man, so let's "cowboy the frack up and get back to work" rookie.......:tongueout:

I've done the OC, but not had the pleasure of a meeting with the Taser....Yet....:whistling:

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I still think the whole thing is silly. I never had to get beaten with a PR-22 or an an ASP to know it would hurt like an SOB if I weas struck with one. I never had to get shot in the ass with a duty weapon either. But, the need to OC spray/CS gas everyone is kind of silly. Also, the initial exposure isn't bad, it only starts to suck when you try to decontaminate.

15. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004

Find a 1983 Chevrolet Z28 with a High Energy Ignition coil. Cover your hands with di-electric grease and grab the coil. Have someone start the car. :supergrin:

It's roughly a 25 percent approximation.

16. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Taser all day everyday.

OC sucks the rigid cock of Satan.

17. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    The idea of the OC exposure makes sense to me, since you're going to be cross-contaminated as soon as you go hands on, but the taser exposure just seems to be covering the department in case of a lawsuit. You're not likely to get accidentally tased by a coworker (at least, I hope), so it seems silly to me.

I manned up and took it with minimal crying, for your information. It was even a tough cry. Like my body said "Oh, we're under attack and in unbelievable pain! Release the water!"

18. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    :perfect10:

Why do we always have this discussion? Is there some department out there that makes you choose which one you want to get every year? (no there's not)

I've had them both, they both suck, and I choose to repeat neither.

19. We have nearly 600 years of data on what gunshots do and feel like.

However, exposure suddenly makes sens e when you sit in the box at trial and patiently explain to the defense attorney and jury how you survived the effects with no issues and how you are unsure why the defendant had such a reaction . . .