close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

For all you domestic diehards; which cars really are American-made...

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by vart, Apr 26, 2005.

1. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    Found this website; some interesting facts about just how much of the current domestic cars are really American made.
    Apparently, there hasn't been a 100% American-made car for a long time, and the closest is recent years was the Oldsmobile Intrigue, and we all know how reliable those turned out;Q

http://www.usstuff.com/cars2005.htm

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Not many large car companies make thier cars completely in that country. Mostly it's all the litle things (electric motors, circuitry, etc.) that are outsourced. We can at least feel happy in the fact that our car companies at least own themselves. My uncle had a newspaper from when he was in England on a buisiness trip. It had an article talking about how almost no british car company is british owned. Most of the biggies are owned by...... who else, Americans.

3 out of the top 4 car companies are American (or has someone pushed Dodge/Chrsyler out?).

I gotta give Toyota creidt for being #2 now. They do make and awesome product and they make most of their vehicles here now.

3. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    Uh, Dodge/Chrysler is now Daimler Chrysler. It was bought by the Germans around 3 years ago. They are now officially a German company.

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I thought it was a merger thing. They are both equal partners, nobody owns the other.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Sorry to disappoint you. Daimler is at the front for a reason.

6. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    90% US/Canadian Content?!?!

so is that like 20% US and 70% Canadian? If I was going to buy a car based on it's US content, I'd like to know what that is. Not some misleading 'North American' number....

7. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    No dissapointment.

I have never owned a dodge/chrysler nor plan to and I'll never be able to afford a benz.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Are you kidding me? You can afford a Merc. They have those supercharged 4-bangers go for cheap.

9. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Ummmm, nope. I doubt I could afford a Kia right now.

10. saluki9

saluki9

Mar 3, 2003
    Chicagoland
    How about this, it's neither. DC is a public company, so it's owned by the shareholders.

Most of the senior management is however German.