close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food questions.........

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by .264 magnum, Sep 3, 2004.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Dec 5, 2002
    Dallas TX
    I just began to eat things like buffalo sirloin and blended raw tomatoes and broccoli. I also take a multi- bee-pollen, flaxseed, and "green-powder" (damnation is that stuff gross). I eat lots of chicken and eggs/egg whits. I take portein powder at least 1x per day.

Anyway in a week I've lost three pounds. I'd had been stuck at 230 for a long while. Hello 226.7?

Any ideas about vitamins/foods? I used to take lots of C and E.

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Congrats Mag. I can't help with food. As far as supplements go, I only take multivitamins. I may be adding a magnesium supplement too.

Sorry I'm not much help for this, but I really I just wanted to say good job.

Jack;c ^5 ;Y

3. Peevee

Peevee

Sep 20, 2003
    Tennessee
    Try to cut out caffeine if you can and drink lots of water it helped me loose about 20 pounds. I was 246 and now 226 lbs., I would like to get to 210.

4. theHULK9281

theHULK9281 Gentle Giant

Feb 23, 2004
    Steelers Country
    A good multi-vit is all you really need.

As for food, I posted this list in another thread, but here are some foods that should be a staple in one's diet.....

PROTEIN:
    chicken
    tuna
    eggs
    salomon
    lean turkey
    lean beef
    cottage cheese
    skim milk

CARBS:
    oatmeal
    brown rice
    kidney beans
    lentils
    wheat bread
    bran cereals
    pasta
    fibrous veggies
    strawberries
    apples

FATS:
    peanut butter
    almonds/nuts
    flax oil
    fish oil

Also, are you exercising? I'm sure you know this, but exercise and diet are the key to a successful weightloss regimen.

5. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Ohio
    "Green powder"?!?

I have some on my reloading bench but I'm sure as heck not going to eat any. :)

6. younggenious

younggenious

Jun 29, 2001
    Southern TX
    For supplements, many multi-vitamins are of poor quality. Much better to get your nutrients through your diet.

However, I think you should take Vitamin C and E, Coral Calcium (or something similar), maybe some Kelp tablets, and Cod Liver Oil. Cod Liver Oil is some really great stuff, if you can stand the taste.

And why only eat egg whites? Most of the nutrition is in the yolk. Don't worry about what "doctors" say about saturated fat and all. Just stay away from all processed and refined foods and suger and you'll be good. Keep all your foods as close to the natural form as possible.