Folks who claim to be, when they're not

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wprebeck, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Sure, I'm not denying a felony stop is likely more dangerous..but, like I said DV calls are more frequent and often just as dangerous as any felony stop, so...well. I don't know about you but I treat every encounter with strangers as a possible threat...because that's just reality. Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

The only kids I have live with me. I just checked on what you're talking about and that's my brother who was was staying with me at the time (who has since gotten all that straight last time I heard). I made the account for him, and let him put in his own password (which is why I couldn't log in myself). But I know about all that now anyway, he talked to me about it later.

I'm sure most of you were hoping it was me...sorry to disappoint.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #141 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.
    CLM

I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that. :supergrin:

3. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

You made it too easy. Now he has a 25% chance of guessing right.

For the record, I never even made it past "rookie" status, and I can still smell you BS through my wifi. Forget the popcorn. Pass the Fabreeze...

#143 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  4. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...

#144 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  5. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

People have been preaching officer-101 this whole time, and this slides by?

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

People have been watching too much Die Hard...

#145 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
  6. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Again, it's everyone else.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

7. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

8. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

In the other thread:

He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Squadoosh

Goose egg.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-...-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say). SWAT responded to this incident, but no mention in the article of a SWAT member dying.

Nada

I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya... :wavey:

ETA: of those 4, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP

#148 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  9. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Which is exactly my point. There is no routine.

If this is the case, why would you stop an armed bank robber in the same manner you would somebody with a essentially a taillight out as you said earlier? Using lights to get traffic out of you way, etc.

#149 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  10. AFIS was great... when it worked.

11. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

Now you're getting cold...

12. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Im betting 80/20 on Ascension Parish over St. Charles.
    I rule out St. Tammany and Madison all together.
    Since he is here battling it out, I stand by my original observations that he is a good guy.

The idea someone has to live up to a fellow officers expectation as a cop is stupid. For all we know, some of the heavy posters here may be THAT GUY in their dept.
    About nepotism, its not about how you got hired, its performing whats expected of you afterwards.
    I have been told here to prove my credentials. Being nice and new, I gave my academy name, class number and graduation date.
    Still, when I post somethings here, I am challenged to reveal my dept and/or ORI.

I am going to get a chuckle when he proves the nay saying haters wrong.

13. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

That might reflect more the type of individuals you hang out with than the reality of what becomes ingrained in veteran police officers.

it is not about automatically supporting every LEO opinion. it's about whether or not your responses to LE related topics reflect any training or experience in LE. As I stated before having read your posts over the years I do not see LE knowledge or experience expressed in your posts. You are every bit as quick to jump on the Anti LEO bandwagon as those with no training or experience.

Libertarians are anti Authority whether they want to admit it or not. and judging from past interaction with you over the CSA I would say you are neo confederate as well.

14. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Is this better?

Of those 4 counties, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP

Both were St. Tammany. They may have been SWAT, but if this is them, it certainly wasn't a SWAT situation like you made it sound like.

#154 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  15. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Pretty good...I'll give one hint and say: Madison is NOT it.

The sad part is, I never even claimed to be a good guy...it's the whole "LE is a secret society" thing that's in play here. I got over that within one year of being POST.

Not on the internet...everyone loves all their fellow officers as if they were raised together like brothers.

I guess that's why I've seen 2 city PD officers from a nearby large dept beat the hell out of each other one night at a BBQ...yeah, they still don't like one another to this day. :rofl:

I know...I've had the same thing happen on another forum before, that's why I'm in no hurry. As I said earlier, I don't get paid enough to produce credentials on demand to uphold my internet street cred.

Hey now, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible. :supergrin:

#155 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
  16. My crystal ball predicts the next avenue of excuses and stalling ..."I'm not gonna put my whole name, department and ORI info on the internet."

If it was me, and if I really wanted to put it to rest... I would have PM'ed the most vocal critics, or a moderator, or both, enough info to prove I was a sworn LEO.

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (it's fine just admit it)
    Door #2- Sworn LEO, purposely being difficult because he's "THAT GUY"

#156 Hoser423, Nov 14, 2012
  17. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

I would be satisfied with him PMing Rabbi and having Rabbi post for all of us a thumbs up.

18. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I am not anti-LEO...I am simply tired of of the "club" mentality, that's what caused me problems to begin with early on in my career.

I'm not anti-authority, I am small-government. There is a difference.

No, I didn't know those guys.

I won't string you along though, here's why you're cold: They were city PD SWAT, not the Parish Sheriff's Office where I am. I have never worked for any city PD.

#158 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
  19. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Huh? :dunno:

OK fine, of LODD by gunfire (since that is what is generally assumed when you say you lost two SWAT buddies), none of the cities that had multiple fatalities in that time period were in any 4 of those counties.

So either say how they died and I'll do the rest when I get home tonight, or admit that you're full of it and can't keep your own stories straight.

#159 golls17, Nov 14, 2012
  20. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

On the the research you were doing...wrong direction.