Folks who claim to be, when they're not

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wprebeck, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

You said it, now the question is, are you going to stand by it...or dance like you do....

You think that a "routine" traffic stop is going to, statistically, produce the same result as a felony stop?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

:rofl:

Maybe he is a highlander cop?

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

4. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

This is not a traffic related stop though. You are stopping someone who just committed an armed robbery. This is not an unknown - this is a KNOWN threat. You KNOW they have a gun. You KNOW they are a criminal and JUST committed a crime. That is like saying that since 2 officers respond on a domestic to a house - you might as well send 2 officers to retrieve someone on a murder warrant from a house.

You don't see a difference between a single officer doing a stop compared to a felony stop in this circumstance?

You have just proven the point of this thread with your above post.

5. While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
    JEFFREY WILEY
    1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
    LARRY COX
    1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
    GREG CHAMPAGNE
    1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
    JACK STRAIN
    1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.

6. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.

How you handle high-risk stops is how you handle them...I'm not arguing that, it's your choice entirely. However, your analogy is flawed...just as many, if not more officers are injured and/or killed responding to DV calls, and those aren't automatically considered "high-risk" like a felony stop.

Nice work...now somebody's getting somewhere.

#126 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

#127 Rabbi, Nov 14, 2012
  8. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

:rofl:

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.

#128 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
  9. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

ODMP disagrees with you.

10. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

What occupation would that be? Law Enforcement?

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

And as always, you work very hard to make sure everyone knows you dont have a clue how numbers work.

11. Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?

12. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

Most everything disagrees with him, yet to him, we are all the ones with the problem.

This is the exact type of person LE deals with, not the kind of person who is (or should be) LE.

13. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.

14. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

15. Do you have a link to this or has it been deleted?

16. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Run away!

[​IMG]

17. Morris

CLM

This one has elevated my popcorn making to caramel. May have to do hot n spicy next, they way this is going.

You'd think after 17+ years of working the road and making popcorn, I'd be tired of popcorn.

Not with threads like this one. :rofl:

18. They never get unlocked but maybe not necessary by the time we get to the third or fifth page.

Me too

Shhhh Don't talk about locked threa.... ohhh wait. Never mind.

[

19. We have a movie theater popcorn machine in our evidence room that sees regular use. It's always surprised me that the lab never comments on our paper packaging smelling like butter.