Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Folks who claim to be, when they're not

69K views 734 replies 95 participants last post by  dac1204 
#1 · (Edited)
So, it seems there's yet another one who says he's one of us, but isn't. After searching for his username thru 7 pages of Google, because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards, I can only conclude the following:

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Doesn't have enough posts in those boards to be statistically significant enough to be included in the Google search, or

He's not a sworn law enforcement officer.

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Anyway, I hereby request an official ORI check from said individual ... :whistling:

ADDED ON 11/18 -

Upon request...forward to page 26 if you don't wish to read the entire thread. Someone gets busted out, pics and all.

See less See more
#127 · (Edited)
I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.
So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

#128 · (Edited)
So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.
:rofl:

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.

#129 ·

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with
...just friendly advice.
ODMP disagrees with you.

#130 ·

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.
What occupation would that be? Law Enforcement?

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

And as always, you work very hard to make sure everyone knows you dont have a clue how numbers work.

#131 ·
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on.
Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?

#132 ·
ODMP disagrees with you.
Most everything disagrees with him, yet to him, we are all the ones with the problem.

This is the exact type of person LE deals with, not the kind of person who is (or should be) LE.

#133 ·
Who's talking about bench warrants?
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.

#135 ·
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.
Do you have a link to this or has it been deleted?

#136 ·
Run away!

#137 ·
This one has elevated my popcorn making to caramel. May have to do hot n spicy next, they way this is going.

You'd think after 17+ years of working the road and making popcorn, I'd be tired of popcorn.

Not with threads like this one. :rofl:

#138 ·
That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop.... :crying:
They never get unlocked but maybe not necessary by the time we get to the third or fifth page.

I just want to show up to this thread.
Me too

Won't be reopened.

Threads like that are troll-magnets once members of law enforcement join in the discussion. Trolls have one goal. They want to draw the other side into pissing contests. Then they hope to get someone so upset they violate the rules and earn an infraction or get the thread closed.

And, honestly, some of you trip all over your own feet rushing to fulfill the trolls' dreams. Yeah, sometimes it's very hard not to, right?

As to whether someone is credentialed or not, hey, they usually trip up sooner or later.

It is funny that going up their storybook ladder, every time challenged they up their experience and qualifications.
Shhhh Don't talk about locked threa.... ohhh wait. Never mind.

[

#141 · (Edited)
Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?
Sure, I'm not denying a felony stop is likely more dangerous..but, like I said DV calls are more frequent and often just as dangerous as any felony stop, so...well. I don't know about you but I treat every encounter with strangers as a possible threat...because that's just reality. Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

The only kids I have live with me. I just checked on what you're talking about and that's my brother who was was staying with me at the time (who has since gotten all that straight last time I heard). I made the account for him, and let him put in his own password (which is why I couldn't log in myself). But I know about all that now anyway, he talked to me about it later.

I'm sure most of you were hoping it was me...sorry to disappoint.

#142 ·
They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.
I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that. :supergrin:

#143 · (Edited)
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.

You made it too easy. Now he has a 25% chance of guessing right.

For the record, I never even made it past "rookie" status, and I can still smell you BS through my wifi. Forget the popcorn. Pass the Fabreeze...

#144 · (Edited)
Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...

#146 ·
Again, it's everyone else.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

#147 ·
People have been preaching officer-101 this whole time, and this slides by?

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

People have been watching too much Die Hard...
You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

#148 · (Edited)
In the other thread:

I'm almost 10 years on the job, been shot at, and watched 2 SWAT buddies die.
He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Squadoosh

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Goose egg.

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-...-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say). SWAT responded to this incident, but no mention in the article of a SWAT member dying.

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Nada

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya... :wavey:

ETA: of those 4, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-sergeant-linden-beau-raimer#ixzz2CERfUhFN
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-deputy-first-class-hilery-a-mayo-jr#ixzz2CERnbAxt

#149 · (Edited)
People have been preaching officer-101 this whole time, and this slides by?

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

People have been watching too much Die Hard...
Which is exactly my point. There is no routine.

If this is the case, why would you stop an armed bank robber in the same manner you would somebody with a essentially a taillight out as you said earlier? Using lights to get traffic out of you way, etc.

#151 ·
You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

In the other thread:

He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Squadoosh

Goose egg.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-...-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say) and SWAT just wasn't activated yet.

Nada

I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya... :wavey:
Now you're getting cold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.