Folks who claim to be, when they're not

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wprebeck, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A lot of "us" could be fakes I guess, only a couple of people here know who I am (nothing special btw). I just trust very few, even though I have a GREAT amount of respect for most who post on CT. I guess if it really mattered, I could find a way to prove it.

There is no doubt however, that the person that we are all thinking of in this thread, is truly not "one of us".

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Another forum doesn't vet everyone claiming LE status. But if alarm bells start going off, they have to put up or shut up. Either they give enough proof to satisfy the LE that are mods/staff, or they're booted. There is no harm in not being in LE and having an opinion. Lying to try to be something you're not, there is harm in that.

3. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Links!!!

4. There are probably a couple of sweating palms, shallow breaths, elevated BPs, and slightly dilated pupils when this post title hit the server.

5. I would like to see links as well.

BTW, I have exchanged words with the subject in question over on GNG in the past. I never would have thought him to be LE until he mentioned it. I agree with the guys who say he is/was affiliated with the LE field in some form or other, but most definately has an "anti-cop" or "anti-patrol cop" attitude.

He may have worked as a cop for a year or three and was fired, or quit.

6. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide.

As I stated earlier, I don't ever visit Cop Talk. I did for a while years back, and...well, it was sad at best. But, there are some good LEO's here that share the same honesty as me...only via PM though (no surprise there).

As far as the original thread...the ORI thing was hilarious...he could have just asked me straight out what Sheriff's Office I work out of instead of trying to act as if I didn't know what "ORI" meant or something. Want to talk to my superior? My cousin has been the sheriff for about 16 years now.

But all that aside, I'd have to say the thing that annoys me most is the elitist attitude of the LEO's here and why they try to make it out like you have to be some freak of nature to get POST-certified...it's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway...

Yes, ClydeG19 is correct...fought MMA professionally since I was in my late teens but gave it up (permanently) last year after having my 2nd child. My pics should be still floating around on here.

And yes, I left LE for approx 1 year...I went back August of this year, to the same Sheriff's Office I have worked at for almost 10 years now. I also said that in a thread here before too, but people seem to 'conveniently forget' when the mob mentality sets in (which seems to happen quite often around GT).

As far as who I am, I'm just a normal guy. Like I said in the thread all this started in...an honest cop is one who still has the same beliefs he did before he was sworn in. I still have my same beliefs, regardless of my profession...it's a shame to see so many others in LE do not. That attitude tends to rub other LEO's the wrong way here, but it also keeps me honest.

If everyone wants to get along now, I might visit here regularly and share whatever I can, but if this is going to end up in the usual GT ****-slinging contest, count me out...I have nothing to prove, and I don't get paid enough to deal with bull**** from other LEO's on the internet.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

#86 tantrix, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. Those are partial ORI's (in my state anyway).

8. What Sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is your title/rank/position?

What is the Sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so I am asking.

9. Hey Morris, there's your answer.

10. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

The space ship looks like a giant toilet bowl.

11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Interesting. I guess ours isn't out there as much. But, then again, there really isn't a reason for it.

12. How so? There's a moderator getting in on the action too...

#93 SGT HATRED, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  13. +1.....

14. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

[​IMG]

15. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Im sure someone can make more.

16. You do realize that you just penned a magnum opus to "It is everyone else...."

How you fail to see this over and over again is part of the humor.

17. ....anyways, back to the question you fail to answer over and over again and still do.

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

You never actually answer that question with your vagueness. You hint at it. You name drop. You dance around it. You imply it but you never actually state it.