Folks who claim to be, when they're not

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wprebeck, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Too bad I won't be able to keep up with this tonight when I go on patrol.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

[​IMG]

3. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Ok gotta have some fun today.

Cop Talk officers during patrol:

[​IMG]

:whistling: :supergrin:

#403 tantrix, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. RussP

Tantrix, any intention of replying to
    ????

5. Tantrix,

What did you dislike about the job that caused you to leave? What made you decide to come back?

I am being sincere. You must have had your reasons.

6. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

That was pretty much answered in my 1st PM to him, along with some other things.

It wasn't the job...being gone from home working is being gone, no matter what profession. I actually took a leave after my father passed last year, and 6 months after that my daughter was born. I came back because...well, I was ready to.

#406 tantrix, Nov 16, 2012
  7. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

I've never seen a bump for a thread only 3rd or 4th down on the first page. I suppose we should just make this a sticky. Hell, let's give it its own section.

RussP,
    I think I addition to cops, EMS/fire, and military get their own hangouts, we get a fourth. This thread's title I think would be an appropriate name... :upeyes:

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...

8. RussP

Well, obviously it didn't...

9. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Ohhhh...a sticky, even better. I like the way you think.

It was, he provided his info to me willingly...I did not ask for it, and he can confirm that. Matter of fact, the PM was deleted immediately.

I've not asked anyone here for any credentials in my 9 years on GT.

#409 tantrix, Nov 16, 2012
  10. Never traded a patch or gear or anything?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Nope. You can look if you want...never. I'm (usually) not on GT to talk about work, I get enough of that every week. I'm also not as critical of others as most LEO's here...I honestly don't have the time for all that.

#412 tantrix, Nov 16, 2012
  12. I'm not one to call somebody a liar without proof but in the link you posted I replied to him about his SF friend.
    No way on God's green earth would a active duty tabbed SF Soldier reveal INTEL to a civilian. Or I would like to believe one wouldn't!

Is Tantrix a LEO? From his own posts I'd say no but I have been wrong before... Once. :whistling:

13. RussP

Did you provide him with information about your employing agency sufficient for him to verify your status?
    Yes or No.

14. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

And the funniest part is, nobody EVER told me what they wanted me to ask him to provide...I figured people would jump at the opportunity, but...nothing.

15. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Don't you consider it ironic you call others a "Bruce Willis" type - when we (police officers) would all hold back and call for back up and pre-plan a felony stop for an armed robbery offender. On the other hand you would just flip on your lights and try to take him/them into custody by yourself.

Who is the one who watches too many movies?

16. Like Eric Holder, never a straight answer.

17. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Well....we are asking YOU to provide now.

::crickets::

18. RussP

While you are waiting for the questions about your "friend", how about answering those pending questions about yourself...

19. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

The first thing I said was what? Radio. Seems like everyone decided not to read that part, they were too busy worrying about the witch hunt.

Asked? More like dogpiled by a bunch of (self-proclaimed) "professionals" that act more like junior-high bullies in a lunchroom. Yeah...who wouldn't be in a hurry to have new friends like that...yeah, I'll pass...just like I have for 9 years now.

#420 tantrix, Nov 16, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.