Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

FNS-40 Stainless STEEEAAAL!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Sep 14, 2012.

1. DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I've always liked the way these pitols looked from the day they dropped earlier this year! I'm getting a LNIB tomorrow for $450!! It will have all the accessories with it as well:
    -3mags (14rounders)
    -nightsights installed on this models @ the FN Factory
    -interchangeable backstraps
    -FN's lockable box

Needless to say I've been a striker-fired buying FOOL in the year 2012!! :tongueout::supergrin:
  2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    I like the way the FNS feels in my hand, however, are you aware of issues such as this one-

[ame=""]FNS-9 Problem. Locking Video 2 of 2. Locking Under Stress.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

Probably not an issue if its a range toy, however, I'd think twice before carrying it.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

3. Until they fix the problem above and fix the vastly different trigger pulls from gun to gun I will wait to buy one.

4. DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
  5. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Congrats! :cool:
  6. DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I've done a little more research... I think I'll pass... $450 on this gun may just be a pretty penny to pay for someone else's troubles. Moreover, that design flaw could get you KILLED!!!!:wow::wow::wow:
  7. DaverZ

Aug 12, 2006
    I have both the FNP9M and the FNP45 USG model and both have been great with no problems what so ever except for 2 mags which the replaced free of charge.Every manufacturer produce a stinker from time to time and FNH is no excption.If you like the gun put a few more dollars in and buy one through Gallery of Guns ( which I think is Davidsons,they have a lifetime replacement policy,at least they,I think still do.
  8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    I see no way in which that "design flaw" could get you killed.

If you carry like you should, and the pistol goes "BANG!!" when you pull the trigger, it's GTG.

Plus, it may have just been that particular pistol. But even if it's not, nothing in the video creates any issues.
  9. DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I've read a few threads about the topic over night. It doesn't seem isolated to just one or two pistols. I've tried it with my Glocks, Caracals, my M&P's (M&P's hinge design does stay in the rearward position), & my Steyr C9-A1 (which wouldn't come forward at all from the rearward position).

The chances anything can fail have a certain % of possibility/probability, but FN is reportedly acknowledging the problem and scrambling to fix it. From what I've read this lock-up issue can be caused by/
    -dropping the pistol
    -hitting the muzzle end in a solid surface
    -slamming a mag home during a reload
    -pistol hitting the ground at any angle from a 3' > drop

These issues could rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune time and get you killed when you need you weapon most...

I think FN HERSTAL makes DAMN GOOD WEAPONS, I just don't think they've done all their homework before going to a striker-fired based platform...

What's worse, a police agency in the Carolinas just ordered a batch for their department. I'm willing to bet they're good shooting guns, but these type stories are disconcerting.
  10. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    I've read both links you've provided, and watched the video.

I see NOTHING, anywhere, that hints or suggests that the pistol would become in-operative while loaded and ready to fire. Nor are there any accounts of people firing the pistol, and having it stop functioning properly.

I see some issue that makes it difficult to rack the slide when the pistol is empty (and after the pistol has been hit on the muzzle), but the act of pulling the trigger (firing the pistol) then allows the pistol to function properly, allows the slide to move.

Looks like much ado about nothing, and nothing that could "get you killed when you need you weapon most...".
  11. Bananas

Feb 23, 2012

This. I've handled many FNS' at my LGS, while I don't own one, it seems to me that current production guns can't lock up just by smacking the muzzle. The trigger needs to be manually moved forward, when the trigger is not "set". I've never, ever had that accidentally happen.

Also, let's say theoretically you were in some sort of scuffle with your self defense weapon, and someone smacked the front of the gun when you were firing on them. Where would your trigger finger be? On the trigger! Therefore how could the trigger be pushed forward at this time?

I don't own an FNS, mainly because with my Glocks I don't see a need right now, but I certainly wouldn't be afraid to buy one.
  12. Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    I had the FNS and had no issues with it, but sold it since my Caracal C was more accurate.