FNP 45 Tactical 2,000 Round Review

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by plouffedaddy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. To me the FN45 seems to be the closest thing to a "modern" 1911. Ive considered buying one. Have you had any problem decocking the gun when your dinengaging the safety? I have read that it is easy to do. That is a big turnoff for me.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have fewer rounds than 2000 through mine but has anyone noticed some "breaking the corner" or rounding over on the barrel hood forward corners???...

Bill

3. FNP-45 frustrations resume. Failure to feed in all 5 magazines with multiple ammos. Blazer, Federal, and Armscor all had failures to feed or rough feeds.

Upon examination of spent brass I noticed an indentation that was identical on all the brass just below where the bullet is seated in a cartridge. FN received another phone call and recommended I ship the gun back to them. I wish they would've at least paid returned shipping... I'll advise of the outcome

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That is a nice gun rug they gave you with it and a nice gun. I have a stainless slide grunt grade FNP40. I like it, FN did a good job on the FNP series.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm happy with my FNP9. No fancy paint job, no fancy extended barrel, but it was cheap and it shoots like the dickens even with WWB. Mr. Nine is mighty fine.

6. I read somewhere that the FNP-45 was built to NATO ammunition specs, which are different than commercial specs. That is one of the big changes on the new FNX-45. It accepts a wider range of ammo types due to its "commercial grade chamber". It may be BS but I did read that somewhere.

7. FNH received my gun and after 2 weeks decided it was completely FUBAR and will send me a new one. They won't tell me what the problem is with it... that makes me a little nervous about getting another FNP 45 back. Also, I'm wondering why FNP is gone and replaced by FNX.

Been waiting over a month for the replacement. Update to come upon return of the gun.

8. I really want a Mark 23 in the worst way :chatter:

9. Well the FNP .45 is a boat anchor....but its made to carry on the hip not as a CCW.
    Mine is very accurate and I have had O problems.

10. Good to hear. Congrats.

11. I've never shot an fnp, I think most people would think the gun is ugly, it appeals to me for some reason, I like the look of it. Hopefully I'll have the chance to shoot one someday.

12. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Similar to my set-up! :cool:

My bump-in-the-night duo:

[​IMG]

13. Nice set....I just bought a FNX-45 Tactical in FDE. I should have it in my hands on Weds. Looking forward to shooting it.

14. because it's shape like a 2X4 ........

15. Awesome gun. I needed a break in of around 500 rounds to really get it humming but it's bad ass.

16. Reminds me more of a "Bristle block,"

[​IMG]