close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Fng and first time gun owner .

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by mikieelmo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. mikieelmo

mikieelmo

Apr 29, 2012
    Hello my name is Mikie and I recently bought my first gun A glock 19 . I am new to firearms and plan on using this forum to learn from people wiser then I. I will be reading old post for information and generally seeking knowledge . I hope to learn lots of information and ease my way into the forums . Thank you .

2. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
  3. sounds like a good choice for your first, how did you reach your decision?:wavey:

4. Welcome. Is your G19 right or left handed? Wait.....what?

5. You aren't going to make it far on GT with that attitude. This is the internet, man. Make up some credentials :rofl:

6. swimmerglock

swimmerglock

Jan 6, 2012
    Welcome Mikie. I am a newbie too and you are right this forum is a wealth of information. I grew up with firearms, but they were all long guns. This is my first handgun. I took the basic CPL class and learned a lot. I try to get to the range at least once a week whenever possible. BTW nice choice of the G19, that's what I have. I want to take an advanced shooting class soon. My thinking is that if I am going to own a handgun I want to become very proficient with it. Good luck from Michigan.
    Fred

7. Rcsteffen

Rcsteffen

Dec 25, 2011
    G19 was my first pistol (in Jan), and my first gun in 20yrs. Felt much more comfortable with it after my ccw course, and plan on getting more training. I've learned quite a bit about Glocks, and other guns, on here. Welcome!

8. LiebeGlock

LiebeGlock

Jan 15, 2012
    Michigan
    Great place to learn. Be sure to double check some info you receive, there's many different views and sometimes people make mistakes in their posts.

Great choice on your first gun. Think when your ready and if you like 9mm, you will fall in love with the G26.

9. KS Trekker

KS Trekker That Guy

Nov 23, 2009
    Congrats and welcome! You can't go wrong with the G19; that was my first Glock as well. Careful, owning a Glock can be addictive and lead to owning multiple Glocks. :wavey: