fnar standard in 308

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by woodrowNC, Nov 15, 2012.

1. need opinion on fnar as a battle rifle.
    thks in ad.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    FNAR & kahles 10x42 Mil Dot General Firearms Forum Dec 8, 2012
    Help deciding, trade my PTR91 for a FNAR?? General Firearms Forum Sep 29, 2012
    Anyone have an FNAR? General Firearms Forum Jan 27, 2012
    FS: ZEV TECH 4th generation GLOCK standard trigger kit Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 11, 2015
    Guardian Trigger in G30 Gen 4 + Standard Connector General Glocking Aug 11, 2015

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It's not a battle rifle. It's a tacticool hunting rifle. To be specific, it's the BAR (not the BAR of US Army and Marines in WWII) with a black pistol grip stock and high capacity magazine.

#2 fnfalman, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  4. ^ this. Now that said for anything you want to do with it or most likely put it through it will also work 100% and its got good accuracy to boot. I almost got one but got the M1 Garand instead just ebcause I wanted it more. If your looking .308 and need a actual "battle rifle" look at a M1A,FAL,PTR,AR platform in .308 or what ever

#3 CBennett, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. I'll add to it.
    Definitely NOT a battle rifle.
    FN didn't build or intend it to be.
    It's an accurate longer range semi-auto with useful features such as a stock that can be set up to fit the individual user, and with removable mags & the ability to put a good piece of glass on it.

Primarily law enforcement, then regular people who like what the gun is.

Not a field gun, difficult to service in the field, never meant to be a combat arm within the traditional meaning of the term. By field gun I mean mud, blood, rain, and so on.
    Denis