FN Five-Seven KABOOM!

Discussion in '5.7 X 28mm Club' started by RustyShackelford, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

Haven't seen much action on this sub-forum lately, but I came upon this story from The Firearm Blog:

http://networkedblogs.com/usxjB

The culprit of the destruction of the weapon (and it was destroyed) is suspected of being having fired out of battery.

Shooter (right-handed) had left hand injured.

Interesting pics.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS FN FNH-USA Five-Seven 5.7X28mm Black 20 Rd Firearms Listings Feb 15, 2015
    FN Five-Seven price check General Firearms Forum Apr 17, 2012
    Need night sites for Five-Seven 5.7 X 28mm Club Feb 14, 2012
    WTB HK P2000sk LEM 9mm & FN Five-Seven Wanted To Buy Oct 3, 2010
    Five-seveN holster wear. 5.7 X 28mm Club May 19, 2010

3. Alcoy

i am sorry for the shooter. hope he recovers quickly or has recovered.

4. interesting. that was somewhat known with the early curved trigger guard variant but the newer one, not so much.

5. frightening

6. Looks like what happened to my CZ52 pistol about 15 years ago. Best guess is that the case head failed at the 6 o'clock position and the pistol literally exploded as a result Some of the "bad Bulgarian" ammo Century Arms was selling back then. The firing pin shot out the back of the pistol right into my safety glasses.

Of course, I've also had similar case failures when using reloaded ammo in my blow-back SMGs. There, it just blows the mag out of the receiver. But the blown cases look similar.

7. It looks like extreme over-pressure, causing early unlocking and subsequent case failure. I've seen this type of failure before. Whether it's due to an improperly loaded cartridge, bullet setback, or a barrel obstruction is anybody's guess. One thing I can say is that it's not the pistol's fault.

8. G33

G33 Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Manure happens!
    Even in revolvers.
    :wavey:

9. Terrible I wonder if FN will take care of the incident?

10. WOW...I'm in awe. I have a home in Europe, I was going to buy one to keep out there, no ammo restrictions of any kind so the pistol would be able to fire the ammo it was really made to fire. But after seeing this mess....I dono, may stick to a Glock 17 as 9mm ammo is easiest to find out there. Sucks for the shooter, hope he fully recovers.

Harry

11. You guys have to understand there is more to this story. I suggest you not take it as the original poster presents it. Read between the lines here. Reloads nuff said.

12. lately I'm moving more and more away from plastic frames

13. Wow when a five seven KB's it really Kabooms..

14. Al Czervik

Al Czervik My arm!

Wow....that is nasty.

15. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Sorry for the shooter. I just watched a very informative vid on reloading that cartridge. Not for the faint of heart. The Ivan Chesonov comment below the article...classic trollism!

16. That Ivan guy is smoking something good. :)

17. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock?
    Silver Member

Ouch. That looks horrible.

18. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

What's firing out of battery ?

19. The round detonating when the slide is not fully engaged.

[​IMG]

#19 esh325, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  20. Where in europe? Forgive my ignorance but I was unaware a private citizen could own a handgun anywhere in Europe. I've always said I love Europe but could do without the Europeans, maybe I've found my future home. How are the immigration laws?