close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

FMJ VS Plated

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Wash-ar15, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    I've been keeping track of prices on bullets. For some reason, plated is about the same as FMJ these days.
    Is there any reason not to get FMJ if they are priced the same??

2. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    No! I buy the plated because they are cheaper!

3. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    Have you checked the prices recently? plated is not that much cheaper than FMJ.

4. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    No reason at all not to got to FMJ IMO if your spending the same. We ought to talk about a bulk buy on PD's this weekend at the Renton match. If we put a 10K order together we can get a max discount. Even if just 6K still only $77 for 124g FMJ's.

Start shopping around for prices and you'll see that a number of the plated bullet makers and reatilers are pricing themselves out of the market.
    PD bullets a $75 delivered a K, with thier max discount for bulk buying.
    Berry's and X-treme push mid $80's a K.

5. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Yeah, not for a few years now. Most plated are priced well beyond bulk MG or PD FMJ. The only reason to use a plated bullet instead is for indoor shooting, even then, the FMJ is almost as good, or for a bullet wt that isn't as cheaply available (ie, 200gr 45).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  6. ducati

ducati

Apr 7, 2001
    mi
    Club I shoot at just did a bulk load buy I picked up 124 gr Berry Plated for 63.00 a thousand.

7. Give LRN's a shot. I was a plated/fmj guy until I woke up to Pb.

8. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    for all my reloads I go plain lead and YES they can be shot in a stock glock barrel- brush the bore every 200 rounds or so. that's it no worries.