close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fm Hi-power

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by CheddarB, Dec 1, 2011.

1. CheddarB

CheddarB
    Expand Collapse

I just recently acquired a Argentine Fm Hi-power, and I would like to know a bit about it.. I have heard that the FM was made by the Argentine Government on FN equipment and is a licensed copy.. I would like to know the true value as well, I can't find it in the 2 BlueBooks I have,the gun is in good condition I would say 80-85%,there are some scratches in the finish by the slide catch/take down lever the barrel and slide have one serial# and the frame another I am not sure if this is common or not. It is a pretty decent shooter other then the gritty feeling trigger.. I think that this is mostly because of the mag dissconnect.. any info would be appreciated..

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. the perfesser

the perfesser
    Expand Collapse

I shot a friend's 1979-build FM-under-FN-licence a few years ago; mag disconnect had been removed already. A great gun, in my opinion. Since then I have seen them here in SC in the $450+ range or so.

3. CheddarB

CheddarB
    Expand Collapse

I just did the mag disconnect delete. and damn what a difference!!! feels a ton better.. might go shoot it once more. and then put it on the selling block.. I really don't need another 9mm pistol.. thanks for your reply.. I didn't think that it would warrant 450.00 I was thinking more of the 350-375.00 tops..

4. the perfesser

the perfesser
    Expand Collapse

Remember -- I am only talking about the FM-under-FN-licence pistols. I have no idea what the later FMHPs may be worth. What kind is yours?

5. CheddarB

CheddarB
    Expand Collapse

on the slide it reads.. FM HI-POWER
    INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA

6. the perfesser

the perfesser
    Expand Collapse

I am not the guy who correctly dated the pistol I saw, so I am hoping others more knowledgeable will respond. Are there other markings on the pistol, say the name/city of the manufacturing site or import marks? Pictures would also help.