close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fly into NewJersey? Help with ride?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by THE VOID, May 29, 2002.

1. THE VOID

THE VOID

I am trying to talk a friend into flying to the Jackson match. He is looking into it. There is a small airport in Lakewood (closest) or Allaire (Farmingdale). If this works out we will have to find transportation from the airport. Lakewood appears to be about 10-12 miles from the match. Anyone up there know if this is about right? May be three of us coming. Can anyone reply with some local phone numbers of taxi cab service or other ideas for a ride?

Thanks for any help!

Dayton

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Damn Void, you've got it bad, flying to matches! ;f We flew into Atlantic City last year for the match. It was fun. :)

3. THE VOID

THE VOID

Yeah, I got it bad right now. He has a small plane that seats four. So, it is just a matter of buying the fuel. And having a small airport to land. He likes his plane like we like our Glocks. He finds any excuse to fly: Same for us to shoot GSSF. This just might work out. Hope to see some familiar faces up there. Maybe, we won't tell the taxi driver where we are going until we get close.

Got to practice some soon. I just bought a used 17C. Need to see what it is like. My 17L has less than a box thru it. Isn't that sad?
    I might use one of them in comp. class this time.

Dayton

4. on target

on target

taxi cab service or other ideas for a ride?

Russ and I would be happy to be your taxi, get us the details and its a done deal.

Marc

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

That truly is a shame, less than a box. Why you haven't worn off the factory lube. I mean that's just not right! ;f Have a great match.

6. THE VOID

THE VOID

On Target, Thanks for the consideration. I would like to take you up on it. I will keep you posted on our plans as time winds down. We will have to watch the weather. I made the trip up a couple of years ago. A family trip. Atlantic city on Friday night. Then dropped my wife, sister and brother-in-law at Six Flags. That is one nice range they have up there. Looks like they had everything including a side match with a mover. Man, I sure hope this all comes together.

Thanks again,

Dayton

7. on target

on target

Dayton keep us in the loop and we will be happy to help.

8. THE VOID

THE VOID

Looks like we will have to drive up. Compression check on friend plane shows he has a bad cylinder. Good to find it out on the ground.
    I guess we will work out the details at work tomorrow. Driving does give me a chance to sneak into Ceaser's for a little gambling.:)

Hope this works out. I have an itch to scratch.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Let's see some good shooting.

Dayton

9. THE VOID

THE VOID

Plane is grounded!!

Pals not interested in a road trip. Looks like I'm staying home;1

Have a great match everyone.

Dayton