close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Flushmount Quad rail

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by JTLIII, Jan 14, 2010.

1. JTLIII

JTLIII

Mar 13, 2007
    I have seen ARs with Quad rail handguards that are flush on the receiver, with no ring in between. Can someone tell me what brands offer this?

2. madecov

madecov book em' Danno

Troy
    Daniel defense
    larue
    Midwest industries
    Samson
    Knights armament
    Yankee hill

3. Norcal911

Norcal911

Aug 1, 2007
    NorCal
    I'm not all up on every handguard design out there but here's what I think I know. I may be a little off as some of these manufacturers may offer a variety of models that may be different. I know the Daniels Defense and KAC top rail appears to be seamless except for the tiny little line where the handguard meets up with the receiver, but there is still stuff on the side for the rail to bolt up to. Larue has a full circumference ring that breaks up the top rail a little. Maybe you are talking about a truely one piece upper, that would be the LMT MRP or the Vltor VIS-Norcal911

4. JTLIII

JTLIII

Mar 13, 2007
    i dont want the one piece, i just want one that fits flush on the receiver

5. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  6. JTLIII

JTLIII

Mar 13, 2007
    Thanks! Found it. Now I need to decide which Length i want. Damn.

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I like long. You can get your grip out farther while keeping room for a light, and you have a longer sight radius (I like shooting irons too). Plus, it looks good. But that's all personal preference.

8. JTLIII

JTLIII

Mar 13, 2007
    Well, I have currently an all flatop 16" rifle, maybe I can buy the 12" handguard free float and just put the front site on the end of the handguard, longer site radius and it's the look I want anyway.

9. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Jul 16, 2008
    Boise, ID
    I have the 9" version from MI, I got a ridiculous deal on it. The guard, low profile gas block, and a trim ring for $188.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think what you are looking for is a continuous upper rail? Its called a "monolithic rail" if that will help your search.

10. Last edited: Jan 16, 2010