close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Floridian Retires from Active Duty; to buy first Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by samsound, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

Mar 14, 2006
    N.W. Indiana
    Welcome and Congrats for a G23! Fine choice and very easy to shoot. 40 cal is not a bad round, you will read ups and downs of it's use. Most current handgun calibers are
    effective stopping rounds, a lot of major Law Enforcement is using it for good reasons.
    My wife likes to shoot, 9mm, 40 cal, 380 acp, 38 Spec, and is a really good shot after a little practice. Good luck, and enjoy.

2. Welcome to the addiction. :wavey:

Now you need to start planning your next Glock. G27, G22, G35? G19 for the Lady of the house? You bought a safe now it is time to fill it. :supergrin:

Check out a GSSF event in your area. November 9th and 10th there is one in St. Augustine Florida.

http://gssfonline.com/match-info.cfm

3. samsound

samsound

Oct 2, 2013
    Navarre, FL
    I called today expecting a 10-12 month wait for an appointment to apply in person. My appointment is tomorrow at 3. Sweet :wow:

4. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

Feb 21, 2007
    Welcome, Thank you for your service. Affirmative on the CC license. Got mine in 1973. Back then you had to get your town permit (8-9) months, then the state which was only 1 week. Ironic that I work in Springfield Ma. and love Glocks but some of my fellow Security Officers just applied for their permits and are expecting a wait of over 1 year. Think its backlogged all over the country.

5. b1det

b1det

Feb 6, 2013
    Welcome thank you very much for serving. You seem to have a good handle on it. Enjoy !