Florida Law Bans Doctors From Asking About Guns

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by ERASER, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

2. Its sad that we even have to resort to this.

We should also ban schools and police from interrogating students without parental consent...oh wait...

3. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

<Does Congress know about this?>

4. Once they link guns to health care, they'll have to ban them because the costs are just too high. They'll say something about common sense....

5. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Two thumbs up to Florida for a common sense response to the Nanny State syndrome that seems all too common these days.

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

An estimated 41 percent of gun-related homicides and 94 percent of gun-related suicides would not occur without access to guns, according to a 2002 study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine.

If there is no access to a gun how can there be a gun related homicide or suicide? I freely admit that I'm no mathematician but how can no access reduce the incident by 41 and 94% respectively... shouldn't both be reduces by 100%?

I guess I just don't understand liberal speak.

I'm so confused. :crying:

Jack

7. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

This legislation was introduced after an incident in Ocala, Florida hit the local then national news. A pediatrician asked a parent if he had guns in the house. The parent refused to answer.

The pediatrician told the parent to find another doctor unless the parent answered.

My doctor has never asked me if I own guns and it's none of his business unless he thinks I have a medical condition caused by them. I think bullet wounds would be obvious.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100723/NEWS/100729867

#7 FL Airedale, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. it is none of my doctor's business if there are guns in my home.

9. I don't think it's any business of a doctor whether parents are gun owners......BUT, I see nothing wrong with providing parents with a written list of known child safety hazards - prescription drugs, vitamin pills/supplements, cars, poisons, tools, cleaning products, electricity, matches, stairs, balconies, pools, and firearms.

10. Doctors collect the info, but where does that info end up?
    Isn't against their oath by disclosing said info with outside parties without permission?

11. Even if they did ask, I would say noneya.

12. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

The questioner I filled out for my kids new Dr asked if I had guns in the house and I wrote on form near that question......Has nothing to do with my kids health! They never said anything about my answer:dunno:

13. if my doctor is concerned about my exposure to heavy metals and other chemicals as a result of my firearms, that may be some important information for him to have. if he is concerned about my responsibility or any other reason, he doesn't really need to know.

14. This!

15. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

No law gives you more freedom than you had before.

The government just expanded.

#15 toshbar, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  16. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Me to I guess the other 6% make there own?

17. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft AKA Fluffy316

If my doctor ever asked if I had a gun in the home, I would immediately ask him if he had ever had a Vasectomy?

When he told me that was none of my business, I would let him know that if he doesn't ask about my gun, I won't ask about his. :rofl::rofl:

I love how a 16 year old gangbanger who is gunned down in a bad drug deal ends up as part of a statistic concerning pediatric gun violence. :whistling:

18. This map was put out by the brady people.
    Saying out of the 10 out of the last 14 shootings where committed in United states with the most lenient gun laws.
    But if you read the map more closely you will see that in the states with the most lenient gun laws there where only in 9 out of the 42 states that had mass shooting, which is about 21%
    Where as it is shown that of the 8 states with the most stringent gun laws, 4 out of the 8 have had mass shootings, with makes it about 50%
    So I have no idea why the brady bunch published this, I think it hurt them more then helped.
    Which also points out you can try and interpret the numbers any way you want to fit you agenda, but in the end its that facts that count.

#18 AZson, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  19. They just put you down as YES has guns in the house. :upeyes:

20. a commonsense law. It is *no one's* business other than your own whether or not you have guns in your house. Period, end of story.

If a doctor refuses to treat someone just because he/she/it owns firearms, then that doctor should have his license revoked. Firearm ownership is a guaranteed right by means of the constitution, a license to practice medicine does not trump that, no matter how liberal the pos doctor who has it is.