close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Florida AG Says Carrying a Gun is Always Presumably a Crime

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cajun_chooter, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I may have been born very late at night and the little plate below my nameplate may read "serving since 7:00 am" but I had a pretty strong idea of at least part of the incentive. :supergrin:

2. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Clark County, NV
    Change that to a driver's license, and tell me you're still okay with it.

3. SgtScott31

SgtScott31

Jan 17, 2011
    I'm assuming you're referring to FL only.

4. Chris Chris

Chris Chris

Jul 2, 2010
    Florida
    The subject under discussion (and which you quoted an excerpt from my post) dealt with whether the subject of the LEOs attention was legally or illegally carrying a concealed weapon. The CCW permit is the instant answer to the LEOs question.

A DL has no bearing on that situation and is meaningless... unless of course, the subject in question is inside a motor vehicle... then it still has no bearing on the legality of carry - only whether the motor vehicle is being operated by one allowed to do so.

I would be just fine with the LEO asking a vehicle driver for their DL, as I am with a LEO asking a CC for their carry permit.

5. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    Florida
    I don't know about you, but I have had pretty good experiences regarding LEO's up and down the east coast, whether it's in Florida or not. I have had only one LEO encounter when I was armed(I stopped at a traffic accident) and he said "Thanks for telling me, just don't draw that ****"

Please tell me how the cops on the South Eastern seaboard are idiots.

6. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
  7. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    Ms. Bondi is a Tea Party favorite and she could, therefore, probably win re-election tomorrow if need be.