close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

flip up sights??

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by *ASH*, Dec 10, 2012.

1. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    grrrrrr i had no damn idea these were so expensive . seems i will need a rear flip down to put on swing gate magnifer :whistling:

might just chunk that idea , dont want to 60 to 200 on a damn rear sight . geex

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    $50 or so for an MBUS is always a good option. If your main optic goes TU (and it definitely can happen) then having backups is going to save some headaches. I'm more partial to the Troy sights due to their lower profile, but $100-120 is a little harder to swallow. I use Troy front and rear on my Mk. 18 and an MBUS rear on my 16" middy.

3. I picked up these and I am very happy with them. I like the idea of a quick flip and you are back in action
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Front-Degree-Rapid-Transition-Backup/dp/B006X9DLQM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1D740KUILI9OY&coliid=I1IL88EHFVG42Q"]Amazon.com: GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31oPrVDIl5L.@@AMEPARAM@@31oPrVDIl5L[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. The quality will blow you away. I could not believe them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    The MBUS sights run $50 each at shops in my area. They have a good reputation. I run a carry handle sight, but if I went optics, the MBUS rear sight is what I would use.

Looks like the best bang for the buck.

6. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    :upeyes: :rofl:

Seriously??????

Coming from the guy that just bought a Daniel Defense rifle???

Reminds me of the posts on the photography forums where someone buys a nice $2000 DLSR body, and wants save $20 buy buying a cheap no name battery on ebay. ;)

7. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    For a back-up the MBUS would serve just fine. Look around the classifieds on the various websites and you can likely find one for a song.

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Sights are one of the more important parts on a rifle.
    Would you put $40 bias ply tires on a Ferrari? :dunno:

9. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Nailed it.

I would take the money you would spend on a magnifier and flip mount and put it toward a fixed BUIS. I've never found a need for a magnifier on a red dot. They've fallen out of favor with most shooters for a reason.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  10. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Suck it up and buy a rear sight from magpul. Just make sure you dont buy the PTS version. Im looking to change the color scheme on my AR...I have an OD green mbus that I would sell if you wanted it.

11. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    yeah shoot me a pm id be interested . :wavey:

and to others , no im not looking to put a set of airsoft sights on a DD . that would be BLASPHEMY !~~~~~~:rofl::rofl:

12. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    id never own a ferrari , but if i did the only thing i would put on it is a for sale sign :rofl:

13. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Aug 8, 2002
    DFW
    This is the BUIS I have on my ARs. At $120 it's a bit expensive, but a very high quality and low profile sight.

A.R.M.S #40L

[​IMG]

14. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    another question , im very new to AR 15 , learning stuff ,

my DD V3 has a staked from sight , and i have an aimpoint pro red dot sight .

can i use the rear site only or will i need to use both front and back sights ? and will it co witness with the aimpoint ??

and how hard is it to remove pinned front factory sight

15. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Your rifles brother wears an Aimpoint Pro. I like having both fixed sites. If the Aimpoint goes down for whatever reason the fixed irons are there. It doesn't impede your ability to use the red dot at all. After a while you don't even notice they are there. The stock mount it comes with will give a cowitness in between absolute and 1/3. I eventually replaced it with QD ADM lower 1/3 mount.

Do not remove the front site. It's the most secure thing you'll ever have on the rifle. If down the line you want a longer rail and flip-up front sight just shave the front site and make a gas block out of it.(I'm liking the Troy Alpha rail so far and considering it has a built in front site the value is pretty good too)

16. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky
    +1 for the MBUS. I love mine, and I would buy again.

17. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    This is an entertaining thread. Again, you spend some serious $ on a high quality AR, but want to skimp on sights for it.

:rofl: :rofl:

18. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    ahaa ok good read .

19. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I run an Aimpoint and prefer a Troy flip up rear. I run it in the
    lowered position. If you are in the middle of a conflict with a