close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Flip phone users unite.

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Dec 21, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Who here still has and uses a flip phone? I have a Motorola Tundra which they will have to pry from my cold dead hands:supergrin:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  2. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    I've got a Nokia 6350, mainly because they didn't give me a whole lot of choice when I upgraded my contract two years ago. It was either fork over an extra $30/month for a smart phone, or go with the Nokia. So I went with the Nokia.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012

3. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
  4. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    Casio G'zOne Ravine 2. I refuse to pay more money for a data plan.

5. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
  6. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

RIGHT ON MAYOR!!

I carry a Casio GZone at home in Maine and still nursing a Motorola Razr here in Latvia. I like a phone that I can put in my shirt pocket (right side) and button the flap. I use the phone to talk and one in a while short text.

I"d trash or lose a "smart phone" in a week for sure. I use the computer to e-mail or play around on stuff like Glock Talk.

Guess I'm old fashioned.:supergrin:

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    That's a nice lookin phone my friend, which carrier are you with:headscratch:

8. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    Verizon wanted $149 for my phone yet I could get a smart phone for free AND $100 for "upgrading" just so they get that extra $300/yr in data fees.

9. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Well we must both be old fashioned.:supergrin:

10. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Fortunately they won't have a hard time catching you in your horse and buggy.

:tongueout::supergrin:

11. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I'll give'em a good run for their money my friend:rofl::rofl:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  12. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Same here..
    I refuse to carry something huge and heavy in my pocket just so I can be connected to the 'net 24/7.

Would I appreciate being able to surf GT and google x,y, or z anytime, anywhere? Sure would, but it isn't worth the bulk and weight for something I carry almost everywhere.

It's slightly amusing that prior to "smart phones" the fad and fashion was to have the latest tiny, featherweight phone on the market.

13. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Yeah, the ones with the keyboard so small it was almost impossible to dial a number on it.

14. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I remember those days my friend, and they sucked bad:alex::faint:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  15. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    When I needed to replace my last phone a year ago I couldn't find one without a camera.

This past summer I worked on a project for a defense contractor.. no cameras are allowed in the offices at all for security reasons.

I had to use a Dremel with a tiny wire brush to ruin the camera lens on my Samsung flip phone, then blacken it with a Sharpie pen in order to carry my phone in the office. I could demonstrate to the head of security that if I pressed the camera button on my phone all you could see on the screen was something resembling a ghost.

16. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Meant to say an extra $30/month, not just an extra $30. Once I become rich and famous and actually have tons of spare money to blow, I can see myself getting a smart phone, they're handy and fun, but nowhere near a necessity. My Nokia can do everything I want to do. A smart phone is just for fun. It can be handy if you're a business person who needs constant access to e-mail or other online stuff. But I'm fine with being able to talk and text.

17. Paul_J

Paul_J

Nov 19, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I now have a very old Motorola Razor flip phone a co-worker gave me because he could no longer bare to see me using my pathetic Nokia flip phone that was literally taped together.

18. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    The sales lady looked at me like I was a leper when I said that's all I want to do.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

When the Motorola Razr was in fashion, my grandfather got his first cell phone. It was the military ruggedized Motorola made for Alltel. It wasn't a flip phone and was at least as tall as this one is when it's opened. The cordless house phones on the market now are actually smaller than that phone.

19. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Those phone salesmen take themselves pretty seriously, so I like to mess with their minds a little...
    I start out telling them that my first priority is a good alarm clock.

20. It's kind of a point of pride in my office...our work phones are old and crappy, and a few guys still have the flip phones issued 3-4 years back. They won't trade them in for the updated clam shell crappy phones with a keyboard as a kind of protest.

Everyone has personal smart phones anyway, so the work phone is really not necessary but we can't talk them into doing away with them or letting us upgrade to smartphones with Internet access. It's hard to believe I don't work for the .gov...