close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flat triggers, what's the real reason?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by gunsmoke92, Jun 23, 2011.

1. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    I did a search and found lots of references to them and saw Quack taking much grief for his use of them, but not one mention about why they are desirable.

So, with that said, what makes them worth having? Do they feel better? Do they work better? Do they make finger placement more or less critical? Inquiring minds want to know, and since I'm getting ready to "pull the trigger" so to speak on a new trigger for my pistol, I would like some real input. I just don't want to pass up a potential improvement without researching it just a little. :dunno:

2. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    The reason? My theory is mild retardation. Just my opinion though...

3. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    :rofl:

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.

5. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    :dunno: I kinda wondered the same thing. I don't really get the entire short trigger long trigger flat trigger thing yet.

6. :rofl:

Perhaps Doug Koenig got paid to do it, and the rest just followed along? :supergrin:

7. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    Never mind. I actually thought an adult would show up.

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

:upeyes:

Doug Koenig endorsed the flat trigger on this Performance Center when he shot for Smith & Wesson.

[​IMG]

I didn't like his name on my gun pistol... :)

[​IMG]

9. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Actually, the shooter's trigger geometry fit is pretty significant in affecting accuracy.

1911s and other SAO have an advantage over DAO and DA/SA. pistols. IMO

10. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I did not know that at first I thought it was aesthetics. Then I thought will maybe it has to do with hand size. Long triggers for people with bigger reach. Short trigger for shorter reach. Then the other day I looked up Skeleton triggers and they where talking about how the weight of the trigger affected the pull and all this. At that point I knew there was more to it but not that much more.

There really is a lot to learn about guns its not as cut and dry as one might think.

11. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    Cobra64, Thanks. You restored my faith and gave me some good info to boot. Much appreciated.

12. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    I've been wondering the same thing, looking at the flat CMC AR triggers.

13. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    A reason I've read is that it provides the same backward trigger pull no matter where your finger lands on the trigger. Thing is, my finger seems to always land dead center on the curve of a normal 1911 trigger with a continuous rearward pull in the exact same spot.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  14. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    Well, I found out recently that a client of one of my housemates is one of the guys that helped design the CMC triggers, so maybe I can weasel a discount and find out for myself :supergrin:

15. No room for humor in your life?

Pity. :upeyes:

16. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

17. This.

Plus, it eliminates the unwanted pressure on the other part of your finger, so you don't push the trigger up or down.

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Don't forget that you shot better with the flat trigger, even without having any trigger time on it that day :tongueout:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  19. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    They are the work of Satan and are an abomination that needs to be purged [​IMG]